Modderfontein Bike Park - what's happening

I FLY

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I must be honest, we rode there, last Sunday the 12th of July and I enjoy the "new" route way more, a bit more climbing(feels like it) with some proper stuff thrown in the mix, my wife did not ride all of it be I prefer it way more, Now the section from the "old" gate is downhill again, so you can bomb it lekke.

• 1 month later...

The chaps at Trail Wolf deserve some kudos!

I've ridden the Taroko trails 18 times now already this year and from humble beginnings when 98,25% (an unvalidated claim of course) of people complained that they couldn't overcome floods to manage their trails, mud, or cut grass, to the current state where they have a well planned and executed trail network which is at the same time safe for a novice rider and fun/challenging for those more experienced. Well done gents!

I thoroughly enjoy riding your trails, have built skills which I never thought I'd be able to since I passed the 40 mark, and continue to enjoy the work you do and the extensions you continue to add almost weekly. 

My next request: bring back the downhill line under the power lines, your new version of course. I'll even learn how to drive heavy machinery to help if you want.

10km, 20km, 30km trails are all open and many sections have great fire roads adjacent to them if you are inclined to re-ride the fun parts. Most times I do the downhill through the trees at least twice :)

IMG_3018.jpg

IMG_2977.jpg

IMG_2978.jpg

IMG_3019.jpg

Edited by Nakoota

Modders is becoming proper again - Everytime i go down that trail I sooooo wanna jump that ramp, and have to remind myself of my age and skill level.

What they should do is build 3 ramps at different heights so us nubes can upskill to the big boy

4 minutes ago, madmarc said:

Modders is becoming proper again - Everytime i go down that trail I sooooo wanna jump that ramp, and have to remind myself of my age and skill level.

What they should do is build 3 ramps at different heights so us nubes can upskill to the big boy

I was the same, then I just bought the talent. Get a pair of knee pads and a dropper and then age doesn't matter anymore :)

5 hours ago, Nakoota said:

The chaps at Trail Wolf deserve some kudos!

I've ridden the Taroko trails 18 times now already this year and from humble beginnings when 98,25% (an unvalidated claim of course) of people complained that they couldn't overcome floods to manage their trails, mud, or cut grass, to the current state where they have a well planned and executed trail network which is at the same time safe for a novice rider and fun/challenging for those more experienced. Well done gents!

I thoroughly enjoy riding your trails, have built skills which I never thought I'd be able to since I passed the 40 mark, and continue to enjoy the work you do and the extensions you continue to add almost weekly. 

My next request: bring back the downhill line under the power lines, your new version of course. I'll even learn how to drive heavy machinery to help if you want.

10km, 20km, 30km trails are all open and many sections have great fire roads adjacent to them if you are inclined to re-ride the fun parts. Most times I do the downhill through the trees at least twice :)

IMG_3018.jpg

IMG_2977.jpg

IMG_2978.jpg

IMG_3019.jpg

It’s so, so much better and so much fun. Even today when I had a puncture halfway through I left smiling. Rad, rad place. 

Been riding modders for a good few years now and the new trails are much better. More challenging and more fun. I however haven’t ridden the river section for a while. I usually avoid it but I do enjoy that section. Does anyone know of the sparrow hawk is still around?

1 hour ago, Chadvdw67 said:

Is the bird still dive bombing people at the creek?

Very much so. 

2 hours ago, MGCrider said:

Been riding modders for a good few years now and the new trails are much better. More challenging and more fun. I however haven’t ridden the river section for a while. I usually avoid it but I do enjoy that section. Does anyone know of the sparrow hawk is still around?

In full effect

2 hours ago, Chadvdw67 said:

Is the bird still dive bombing people at the creek?

Sounds like a drone now. Its gotten more advanced, best to ride in and out fast

1 hour ago, JK7 said:

Very much so. 

😁

12 hours ago, JK7 said:

Very much so. 

I've ridden weekly for most of this year and obviously smell bad or something because I haven't seen it.

Or maybe I just ride too fast for it...

1 hour ago, Nakoota said:

I've ridden weekly for most of this year and obviously smell bad or something because I haven't seen it.

Or maybe I just ride too fast for it...

Or maybe your riding snacks are sub par.  Are you vegan?