Rider attacked in Durban

Aurora

For not immediately believing everything I read on the internet? I don't think so, buddy. 

And what about your coke habit, as per the pic above? No remorse?

If this is really 100% true I will be the first to admit my joke was in bad taste, and apologies issued... truly unbelievable thing to have happened. What the actual ****can spur someone on to do something like that. Something very strange is going on here.

Yeah it's pretty insane, if it's as reported. The guy is a top athlete too.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At first, I (we) might be inclined to agree, but don't you think this is more a 'world' issue?

on topic: all the very best to the athlete and his family. no one should have to endure this.

SA need to be fixed very fast as the slippery slope we are on will see may more incidents like this...

Question is why would they do something this grotesque ??

Insane

Also think there must be something more to this

Jealousy?

Still sounds like hate to me. Maybe it's a have versus have not thing. But inflicting that kind of pain on another person requires some seriously twisted people. 

Mhlengi is a Lifeguard. He has some pretty big medical expenses up the road, and a very long recovery period ahead of him. I want to help in some way, so if anyone sees anything (such as an online campaign), please post here.  

Edited by EmJayZA

Insane

Also think there must be something more to this

Jealousy?

It would not be the first time... stick your head up and make a success of your life and your peers hate you. 

Sick F#cks deserve some long painful punishment

Hope the guy manages to make a full recovery. 

Wishing the kid a speedy recovery.

Can't see how this attack is not something personal...

Madness abounds any which way you look at this though.

Hope they catch the savages that did this

LeAve Savage out of this.

I still don’t understand why you would do this to someone?

It would not be the first time... stick your head up and make a success of your life and your peers hate you.

Sick F#cks deserve some long painful punishment

Hope the guy manages to make a full recovery.

My mom used to rent to an Olympian. She had to leave her neighborhood and move to a more affluent area as her community turned on her. They would stone the cars her sponsors gave her and break in and steal her shoes and laptop.

Like wtf.

My domestic who worked for me in SA had a brother who was a truck driver.  Very nice guy with exceptional work ethics.  Work well with his bosses.  His peers saw things differently and gave him a screwdriver to the head for his efforts.

A truly horrific event. Hoping the chap can make a full recovery. 

My apologies if anyone found my posts in bad taste. In this age of 'fake news', I'll always treat any (initial) report of an almost unbelievable event with a healthy dose of skepticism.

Hi, there was a tweet this morning from Henri Schoeman. This guy(chainsaw victim) is a friend of him. True story.... 

Info just in on our Whatsapp Group:

Hi All. I have just spoken to a friend who heads up ICU and Trauma at Albert Luthuli. Mhlengi suffered an traumatic attack whilst riding his bicycle up Francois Road towards Howard College earlier this morning. He was attacked by 3 men who tried to cut off his leg, can you believe it....... with a chainsaw! Horrific! He has suffered damage to his calf muscle and tibia - one leg only! He is being transferred to Westville Hospital where he will be treated by a private orthopaedic surgeon. Although it will a long road, the prognosis is good and it is hoped that the surgeons will successfully get Mhlengi on the road again. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Mhlengi.

We ride there every week.  We turned down Francois Rd this morning.

Edited by Dazshell

Sadly this sick story is true and confirmed to me by one of his close friends.

He said they didn't want his bike or phone they just wanted his feet.

They were talking another language he thinks maybe Nigerian.

So this incident although Savage and so so sickhas nothing to do with bike thieves and all the making of the Muthi Trade.

Sadly this sick story is true and confirmed to me by one of his close friends.

He said they didn't want his bike or phone they just wanted his feet.

They were talking another language he thinks maybe Nigerian.

So this incident although Savage and so so sickhas nothing to do with bike thieves and all the making of the Muthi Trade.

Ag no man!