An-Li Kachelhoffer - Guilty of Anti-Doping Violation - Best kept secret. Why?

WhateverMatters

Bit off topic.

But cyclists is unfairly made out as the biggest cheats. When other sports have much more dopers and cheats. Athletics is far worse that cycling.

If she played cricket and cheat, she would receive a one game ban.

6 moths suspension for over the limit for Salbutamol and one game ban for ball tampering, both are cheating. The over use of Salbutamol could be accidental but ball tampering is not.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6 moths suspension for over the limit for Salbutamol and one game ban for ball tampering, both are cheating. The over use of Salbutamol could be accidental but ball tampering is not.

I was having a look round SAIDS site and cricket is pretty clean drugswise - 3 positives - 1 for weed and 2 for appetite suppressants. The ball tampering is, of course, a different kettle of fish.

3 Aussies players are on their way home and I suspect they'll get less sympathy from Cricket Aus than they did from the ICC!

I'm with Eldron.... dopers suck.

Especially the ones with an inhaler jammed in their mouths.

I've got first hand experience of people without asthma puffing away on those things. It's still cheating, even if everyone is doing it.

Bit off topic.

But cyclists is unfairly made out as the biggest cheats. When other sports have much more dopers and cheats. Athletics is far worse that cycling.

This is a cycling forum, see. Tu quo que and all that, also.

Why has this not been made public? Not a word from CSA, An-Li or Team Bestmed(who she was riding for at the time). Was there money involved to keep it under the radar......

You sound like you know more and want this more public.

Come on newbie...

Tell us how you really feel.

The fact that it's published on the list means it is made public.

It's normally the press that exposes this type of thing and to be honest, I don't think an unknown South African woman cyclist taking drugs is newsworthy for the greater South African public. They want to read about rugby, cricket and soccer.

Before I get slated for calling her unknown, I am referring to the general SA population.

Did they pick on this guy because he was in the suppliment section at Dischem just doing his job?

Enzo Lezzi

Cycling

Deca Durabolin

Then this guy... Did they wait for him outside to exit the ULTRA concert?

Jaco Rheeder

Cycling

Methamphetamine

What Dafuq is this muti that this oke took??

Zanmare Terblanche

Cycling

Methandienone LT

Not really sure why we are attacking the OP? Regardless of how many posts he has, he has a valid point. Bashing someone based on the number of posts they have is stupid, any clown can post enough drivel to get there numbers up. 

Why has this not been made public? Not a word from CSA, An-Li or Team Bestmed(who she was riding for at the time). Was there money involved to keep it under the radar......

Its on the website where its meant to be. CSA I can understand but what did you expect An-Li or team Bestmed to do ? Have a press conference to announce it ? Place and ad in the media ? Come on the Hub and announce it ? 

Why only post about 1 of the failed tests? And not about all of the others sanctioned where announcements were not made either? Is there an agenda here?

Interesting first post... but non the less...

I am relieved to see how quickly this was dealt with....  Not even 3 months after the violation and the hearing has been done and dusted, Sanction decided upon and implemented.

Not bad at all....

Why only post about 1 of the failed tests? And not about all of the others sanctioned where announcements were not made either? Is there an agenda here?

Come now Uncle V12, one post members highlighting drug (ab)use always have agendas.

I just hope the minutes are as clear as the agenda for the days meeting.

Archived