Farr - Endurance Inspired Bike Solutions

Farrnus

4-5 Bar sounds extremely high.

I have run Maxis Ramblers 40c, Spez Sawtooth 40c and now lower volume Bontrager GR1 Teams, and even on the 35s I don’t run them higher than 2.5bar for the road.

Edited by Patchelicious

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 bars sounds extremely high - but regardless - we don't want to see these issues. Farr will reimburse you for both tyres - don't expect you to ride the front tyre if you are uncomfortable to do so. Have just re-sent the mail to Vee Rubber for them to urgently reply on Monday. will chase them up on Monday morning too - they don't work weekends.

4 bar is smack bang in the middle of the reccommended pressures printed on the side of the tyre. 3bar being the minimum.

Running any lower than 4 bar got me a ton of punctures that didn't seal. Since running 4.5 in the back and 4 in the front I haven't gotten as many punctures punctures - but you sacrifice alot of comfort.

Edited by Grease_Monkey

4 bar is smack bang in the middle of the reccommended pressures printed on the side of the tyre. 3bar being the minimum.

Running any lower than 4 bar got me a ton of punctures that didn't seal. Since running 4.5 in the back and 4 in the front I haven't gotten as many punctures punctures - but you sacrifice alot of comfort.

Tubless?

Yoh... I run my gravel tires at 2.5 to 3 bar... 700c x 38c Gravelking SK and 650b x 42c WTB Resolute

I don't know if I would be comfortable running them much harder. 

I run my road tires at 6bar..... don't the dots at 4 bar skit around and bounce and feel a bit 'dead'?

4 bars sounds extremely high - but regardless - we don't want to see these issues. Farr will reimburse you for both tyres - don't expect you to ride the front tyre if you are uncomfortable to do so. Have just re-sent the mail to Vee Rubber for them to urgently reply on Monday. will chase them up on Monday morning too - they don't work weekends.

The rear tyre was sent back to Evo who will reimburse me. PM re the front one

Tubless?

Yup... Stans sealant, lekker wide rims (well for gravel - 23mm internal width).

Ideally I would want to run no higher than 3 bar. That's what I started off with, just got a ton of punctures - I think 4 on my first time out.

But anyway. Where I do really like these tyres are on the tar - they roll nice and fast.

Edited by Grease_Monkey

97/100 tyres working does not sound like “luck”.

3/100 not working sounds like bad luck.

sounds like way more than "three" tires on the shelf at EvoBikes were "suspect" ....  sounds like a bad batch (which no manufacturer is immune to)

Respect to Farnus for following up.

sounds like way more than "three" tires on the shelf at EvoBikes were "suspect" .... sounds like a bad batch (which no manufacturer is immune to)

Totally. I know first hand that you have to be on top of the QC when manufacturing in the east. You can get quality if you stay on top of them

sounds like way more than "three" tires on the shelf at EvoBikes were "suspect" .... sounds like a bad batch (which no manufacturer is immune to)

Yep, even the most premium of brands have bad batches. It's how the respond to it that matters.

Yup, but we only have Farrnus’ numbers to go on.

Luckily the chaps at Farr and Evo are solid blokes and they will sort this out.

I had 4 x bad quality Dot's      The first 2 that I bought was shipped to me on the 4th Nov 2019.

I received 2 x replacements  on the 22nd Nov

Replaced them with Pathfinders on the 24th Jan

All 4 of them was similar and a very poor quality tyre.

I sent an email on the 27th Jan to inform Farr about the failures on the replacements and my decision to use other tyres.     I received a response here  yesterday after posting my experience on this thread.

Edited by Ashchest

I had 4 x bad quality Dot's      The first 2 that I bought was shipped to me on the 4th Nov 2019.

I received 2 x replacements  on the 22nd Nov

Replaced them with Pathfinders on the 24th Jan

All 4 of them was similar and a very poor quality tyre.

I sent an email on the 27th Jan to inform Farr about the failures on the replacements and my decision to use other tyres.     I received a response here  yesterday after posting my experience on this thread.

please confirm your Order # - that way we can get your contact details and will re-imburse you for the 2 purchased. don't want unhappy customers.