Farr - Endurance Inspired Bike Solutions

Farrnus

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

please confirm your Order # - that way we can get your contact details and will re-imburse you for the 2 purchased. don't want unhappy customers.

[Order #6593]

Thanks

What is your trigger level of percentage defects in a batch before you recall the entire batch?

Did you hear back from your supplier / manufacturer?   What do they have to say?

What is your trigger level of percentage defects in a batch before you recall the entire batch?

not sure, never had an issue like this before - we sold tyres to dealers, and direct from our website - so we are busy trying to understand who bought from where and how etc. we received a large batch in November 2018 ... and still have stock on hand. So now we are checking with Vee Rubber on how to handle any current or future cases. there are customers who have not had issues - me included. 

Did you hear back from your supplier / manufacturer?   What do they have to say?

not yet, they said they need to check as stock was shipped in September 2018 - which they say is a long time ago for them .. 

just regarding psi numbers on printed on tires.

I recently listened to this talk with the guy (aerospace/mechanical/structural) engineer who works with top guys in TDF optimising tire pressures for the likes of Sagan etc. (cant remember his name now sorry). it was basically about performance at that level and about minimising/maximising/optimising and how optimising is where the biggest gains remain these days with all else equal.

Other than explaining very scientifically why most people run their tires WAY to hard...he mentioned how those numbers on the sidewall come into being and what they actually mean....contrary to popular belief.

If a tire says 3-5 bar on the sidewall.....that means in the lab, it gets placed on a standard aluminium rim, and it gets inflated until it either fails structurally or pops off the rim (usually happens first).

When they have those PSI numbers where the tire fails or pops off, they HALVE them...and that is what gets printed on the sidewall. Standard industry practise apparently. 

So if it says 3-5 bar on the sidewall, assuming a standard aluminium rim...that means that tire was inflated to almost 6-10 bar before it failed or came off the rim in a lab environment....and that is literally the only information those numbers allude too. they are NOT actually the working ranges of any specific tire.

i thought that was interesting.

edit:

Josh Poertner (Owner/president of Silca)

somewhere on here

https://marginalgainspodcast.cc

Edited by morneS555

• 2 weeks later...

we are running an END OF FINANCIAL YEAR special on our AERO MTB CARBON handlebar --- these are usually R 3750 and we have marked them down for 2 weeks only to just R 2500!!!

great for MUNGA, 361 and other Endurance events.

The one piece design also means you can race them in Stage Races and any UCI-Sanctioned event  :clap:  :w00t:

LIMITED STOCK available at this price.

Order yours HERE

post-121972-0-49886700-1582783169_thumb.jpg

post-121972-0-65153200-1582783328_thumb.jpg

post-121972-0-76602400-1582783656_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

hi Guys - we've just set up a dedicated FARR South Africa Facebook page - pls give us a LIKE to see all the related news and specials that relate to the ZA website. 

lots of new stuff coming!

we are also running a FREE DELIVERY offer ( spend R750 or more ) during lockdown --- so basically all saddles, handlebars etc are FREE DELIVERY. 

post-121972-0-64217300-1586844017_thumb.png

hi Guys - we've just set up a dedicated FARR South Africa Facebook page - pls give us a LIKE to see all the related news and specials that relate to the ZA website. 

lots of new stuff coming!

we are also running a FREE DELIVERY offer ( spend R750 or more ) during lockdown --- so basically all saddles, handlebars etc are FREE DELIVERY. 

What would the rear hub spacing requirements be for the FARR frame kits please?

So one can recycle a set of 29'er wheels for this build then!

yes, a mate of mine built one (flat bar) with 29er wheels

it's actually for sale at the moment......

What would the rear hub spacing requirements be for the FARR frame kits please?

hi - sorry, just seen this message - did not get any notifications - the frames are 142 wide ( so 142 x 12 ) which is a common MTB standard pre-Boost stuff. this means alot of MTB hubs will fit and MTB wheels of course. 

And I am still waiting for EVO to be credited back for the tyres so I can get my refund/credit with them...

Can you please check that internally? It's been over 2 months now

And I am still waiting for EVO to be credited back for the tyres so I can get my refund/credit with them...

Can you please check that internally? It's been over 2 months now

we have asked the supplier to credit us for all the stock we have in boxes. 

for EVO - it should have been sorted months ago? I will ask the guy dealing with it to please get it sorted. EVO should credit you immediately? as you paid them and we have confirmed we will credit them.