The "I need something you might throw away" thread

Kalahari Vegmot

Looking for a front derailleur, to use as a chain guide. 27.2 mm seatpost diameter, so not sure what size derailleur clamp. 
Advice or the part would be appreciated. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/27/2022 at 7:58 AM, Jewbacca said:

Anyone with a QR rear axle kit for AM Classic?

Need to convert a rear wheel from 142x12 to QR.

I also would love a front QR conversion kit, currently have one of those inserts which works but isn't ideal.

I have both front and rear in my toolbox. DM me

1273737395_WhatsAppImage2022-03-04at4_52.41PM(3).jpeg.24e18b38d8334ff99e9017b6a8a38455.jpeg359298389_WhatsAppImage2022-03-04at4_52.41PM(2).jpeg.5303ab922fda525ee49bde9a92028377.jpegHave a set of DT swiss XRC 1350 26" wheels. Rear rim is cracked. Front needs new nipples. Hubs are still good.

24h rear and 28h front

Free collection in Randburg 

*Edit*

Gone already

Thanks all

Edited by mad bout mtb
Gave away

11 hours ago, mad bout mtb said:

1273737395_WhatsAppImage2022-03-04at4_52.41PM(3).jpeg.24e18b38d8334ff99e9017b6a8a38455.jpeg359298389_WhatsAppImage2022-03-04at4_52.41PM(2).jpeg.5303ab922fda525ee49bde9a92028377.jpegHave a set of DT swiss XRC 1350 26" wheels. Rear rim is cracked. Front needs new nipples. Hubs are still good.

24h rear and 28h front

Free collection in Randburg 

I'll take them 

Hi members,

Doubtful anyone would be throwing away a working condition MTB fork, but I have searched the classifieds section, and it seems that trail forks don’t exactly feature too often. So thought I would put a request in here. If there’s a wanted/swop thread I missed, I humbly apologise.

I’m looking for a 160mm 29er fork - preferably non boost, but a boost fork can also do.

I have a 27.5 Rockshox Sektor fork (140mm) solo air, as well as a set of 27.5 Alex Rims on deore hubs, tubeless, with a decent set of ONZA ibis tires that I would like to swop for said 29er fork, and happy to pay in the difference if needs be. Hoping someone has what I am looking for lying round collecting dust…

classifieds ads for the wheels and fork are here:

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/mountain-bike-forks/538594/rockshox-sektor-140mm

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/mountain-bike-wheels/538614/alex-wheelset-on-deore-hubs-tires

Looking for a DT Swiss centrelock nut just like the one in the pic.

I don't need the adapter, only the nut.

Willing to pay.

products-PHO_HWZXXX00S1416S_WEB_SHO_001.jpg.30a1a6a108edb6dfcfe9ed4ca61fdf4b.jpg

Edited by Trashy

On 3/8/2022 at 9:17 PM, ridr said:

If you don't come right with finding that piece, Rapide sells the whole adapter for R189

https://www.rapide.co.za/product/rapide-6-bolt-to-center-lock-adapter/

Just want to say, after looking at this link on Tuesday and not finding anything else, I placed an order with Rapide at 10h30 yesterday morning.

At 10h40 today it was delivered in Paarl.

I've had local bike shops take longer to reply to an email than it took Wayne to complete and deliver an entire order.

Quality is top notch to boot.

1 hour ago, Trashy said:

Just want to say, after looking at this link on Tuesday and not finding anything else, I placed an order with Rapide at 10h30 yesterday morning.

At 10h40 today it was delivered in Paarl.

I've had local bike shops take longer to reply to an email than it took Wayne to complete and deliver an entire order.

Quality is top notch to boot.

I have ordered from them twice and in both cases I had the same experience. Top notch service!

Hey

I want to get better mtb than the one I have now. Should I go dual shock or is hardtail fine. I can't spend alot on a bike

I'm looking for a rechargeable front light for one of my wash bay gents. Whilst he primarily uses his bike for transport (and this is when he needs the lights the most) he is also a keen cyclist.

He is willing to pay a few hundred, but doesnt earn all that much so if I can get him something for nothing it would help.

20 minutes ago, ouzo said:

I'm looking for a rechargeable front light for one of my wash bay gents. Whilst he primarily uses his bike for transport (and this is when he needs the lights the most) he is also a keen cyclist.

He is willing to pay a few hundred, but doesnt earn all that much so if I can get him something for nothing it would help.

I have one with a separate battery - I offered it to someone else a while back and he never collected, the battery pack might need re-packing, it only lasts like an hour - PM me, then we can sort something(after i checked with the other party) 

24 minutes ago, ouzo said:

Maybe try your luck with ExtremeLights .... they had a very nice compact, USB rechargable, set of front and rear lights at the CTCT expo for R250.

I have the same front light, with a Ryder badge on it.  3 to 4 hours of strobe light on a charge.  Perfect for commuting or my tar sections to and from the trails.

5 minutes ago, ChrisF said:

Maybe try your luck with ExtremeLights .... they had a very nice compact, USB rechargable, set of front and rear lights at the CTCT expo for R250.

I have the same front light, with a Ryder badge on it.  3 to 4 hours of strobe light on a charge.  Perfect for commuting or my tar sections to and from the trails.

this one ?

deuce_f3fdbb2d-a871-4f1a-9683-f5f776ac3915_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=1623770902