The "I need something you might throw away" thread

Kalahari Vegmot

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So where would I find a pair of down tube cable stops? Something for a project I am working on. happy to pay.

Anyone perhaps have a set of 27.5 gravel or slick tires lying around?

Need to test a 26" frame with 27.5 gravel wheels 😎

TIA

On 4/29/2022 at 10:38 AM, 100Tours said:

So where would I find a pair of down tube cable stops? Something for a project I am working on. happy to pay.

I am a visual guy 😁. Please send kiekies as I don't have a clue :oops:

On 4/29/2022 at 10:38 AM, 100Tours said:

Do you need clamp on cable stops or adjustable barrell stops that bolt onto bosses?

I'm also looking for a cable stop clamp for a seattube. I found some on Amazon;

https://www.amazon.com/Origin8-Alloy-Cable-Double-Silver/dp/B004FSU9W2/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=downtube%2Bcable%2Bstop&qid=1651475712&sr=8-1-spons&smid=AFUNG49VH4BIB&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExUFowSVRRVzMyWjgmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTAzNzA2MzNBQkE4NlVJME40UjQmZW5jcnlwdGVkQWRJZD1BMDQxNzIxMzNRTzlZRjlWVDFCUFUmd2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl&th=1&psc=1

1 minute ago, Jewbacca said:

Just to follow up, I think I am going to make one using an easily available 'braze on' front derailleur clamp. I have done this before many moons ago

Long shot...but does anyone have an old Cateye cyclosimulator cs1000 lying around that I could use for spares to repair an old trainer? (cape Town area) 

Looking for the grade shift lever, fan and magnet covers. 

Also looking for an old rear road wheel with 9spd cassette that can be used with the trainer. 

Thanks

Screenshot_20220502-093001.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for some of these little bolts for SRAM brakes, I know I can just get M3x10 bolts, but I would like to try keep it all original....

Not looking for those zef oil slick bolts, just the standard silver bolts....

Screenshot_20220517-085053_Samsung Internet.jpg

On 5/2/2022 at 4:41 AM, NotSoBigBen said:

TIA

Try it with 700c gravel wheels. Should work :)

• 4 weeks later...

I'm looking for a bar clamp for a Spes Command post remote, or any other bar clamp that would work on it.

Please let me know if you can help, more than willing to pay.

On 5/2/2022 at 4:41 AM, NotSoBigBen said:

TIA

I have a set of 650B x 47mm WTB Byways (stock on the Rook Scout) that you're welcome to. Not tubeless ready though. They've done basically no mileage though.

I tell you what, we can work something out if you can delve into your (seemingly endless) parts bin to help me with a monstercross conversion... :)

21 minutes ago, TyronLab said:

I have a set of 650B x 47mm WTB Byways (stock on the Rook Scout) that you're welcome to. Not tubeless ready though. They've done basically no mileage though.

I tell you what, we can work something out if you can delve into your (seemingly endless) parts bin to help me with a monstercross conversion... :)

We can talk, I would really like those tyres if even just to test ... but the parts cupboard is starting to look a bit bare sadly

4 minutes ago, NotSoBigBen said:

We can talk, I would really like those tyres if even just to test ... but the parts cupboard is starting to look a bit bare sadly

For shizzle, we can meet up this weekend maybe. If you print the 2x of the pedal tools (attached) for me you can have 'em. 😁

pedalnyckel_3.STL

3 hours ago, TyronLab said:

For shizzle, we can meet up this weekend maybe. If you print the 2x of the pedal tools (attached) for me you can have 'em. 😁

pedalnyckel_3.STL 94.03 kB · 8 downloads

3 hours ago, NotSoBigBen said:

With pleasure mate! I'll start the prints post haste this morning 😎

FFAAARRRR too much positivity in this thread :P