The "I need something you might throw away" thread

Kalahari Vegmot

Hi Hubbers,

Looking for the bolt for a indoor trainer, like the one pictured.

In Centurion, but commute to JHB regularly.

Thanks 

Bolt.png

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone. 

On the hunt for any broken Shimano M8100/XT 12 speed derailleurs. Desperately needing the P-Tension spring to replace my oxidised one. 

Or if anyone knows a shop with stock, the local agents don’t have anything 🫠

IMG_0650.jpeg

12 hours ago, Jaytriathlon said:

Hey everyone. 

On the hunt for any broken Shimano M8100/XT 12 speed derailleurs. Desperately needing the P-Tension spring to replace my oxidised one. 

Or if anyone knows a shop with stock, the local agents don’t have anything 🫠

IMG_0650.jpeg

If you are prepared to wait these ones on Aliexpress work well. Replaced a mangled spring on an XTR derailleur with it. You can get them here:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_omoAqbC

Good afternoon

I've been off the bike for a while and recently got a frame from a friend. I'm looking to build a fun trails/enduro bike. Not wanting to spend to much money on the build. I still need most parts for the build. I only have a frame, please inbox me if you have anything. I really don't care what it looks like just want to have fun with it and get back riding the trails.

120 - 130 travel fork

27.2 seatpost/external dropper

Seat

Seatpost clamp

Cranks

Flat pedals

1x9 or 10 groupset

Brakes

26er wheels eduro/downhill 

Tyres

Tubes

Short stem 

Wide Raiser bars

180/200 rotors

Bb 

Grips 

Etc.

IMG-20240219-WA0017.jpeg

I may have a slopestyle bike that I possibly would want to get rid of as a complete bike. 

2 hours ago, Cyclingzak said:

Good afternoon

I've been off the bike for a while and recently got a frame from a friend. I'm looking to build a fun trails/enduro bike. Not wanting to spend to much money on the build. I still need most parts for the build. I only have a frame, please inbox me if you have anything. I really don't care what it looks like just want to have fun with it and get back riding the trails.

120 - 130 travel fork

27.2 seatpost/external dropper

Seat

Seatpost clamp

Cranks

Flat pedals

1x9 or 10 groupset

Brakes

26er wheels eduro/downhill 

Tyres

Tubes

Short stem 

Wide Raiser bars

180/200 rotors

Bb 

Grips 

Etc.

IMG-20240219-WA0017.jpeg

Also looking to build a bike - please send parts - thanks 

Hi all

I am looking for a seat mast topper, a.k.a. stubby seat post.
Ritchley stopped manufacturing these. This is the description:

The Ritchey WCS Mast Topper integrated seat post has been designed to be mounted on frames with the integrated seat post tube.

Characteristics:
- Material: Aluminum 6061 2 D
- Tighten: 1 screw platform
- Height: 70 mm
- Weight: 115 g
- Diameter: 38.35 mm
- Recoil: 28 mm
- Does not include clamping caps

Does anyone perhaps have an old spare one lying around?

I am specifically looking for the one with these specs:
Height: 70mm
Diameter: 38mm

In the picture it is the one on the right that I am looking for. The one on the left has a smaller diameter, namely 34.9mm.

Ritchley Seat Mast Topper.jpg

I need some help please. Two years ago I got my gardener a second hand road bike to help with his commute. It as served him very well, but last week he was hit by a car and the bike was damanged. The bloody car just kept driving and left him there. 

The damage is mostly to his drive train. Rear derailer, cassette, chain ring and bent crank. Its an old 8spd Sora drive train so maybe some of you might have some spare parts lying around. Unfortuanately I am a mountainbiker so my parts bin is of no use to him. We are just trying to get the bike in working condition, so cosmetics or age are not imprortant. I am Stellenbosch, but will cover the postage for any donated parts.

Much appreciated!

CAAB4FB5-D8BE-4B99-839B-7555B4BBC84A.jpeg

243996D6-78C0-4AC7-A5D2-3A925A4B4DF2.jpeg

On 2/8/2024 at 8:12 PM, averageguy said:

Thanks! But sadly the shimano won’t work. Thanks anyway. 

Will this help?

20240224_120516.jpg

Anyone have 2 x 5mm headset spacers lying around? Willing to pay in beer coupons

On 2/24/2024 at 11:09 AM, Delarey said:

I need some help please. Two years ago I got my gardener a second hand road bike to help with his commute. It as served him very well, but last week he was hit by a car and the bike was damanged. The bloody car just kept driving and left him there. 

The damage is mostly to his drive train. Rear derailer, cassette, chain ring and bent crank. Its an old 8spd Sora drive train so maybe some of you might have some spare parts lying around. Unfortuanately I am a mountainbiker so my parts bin is of no use to him. We are just trying to get the bike in working condition, so cosmetics or age are not imprortant. I am Stellenbosch, but will cover the postage for any donated parts.

Much appreciated!

CAAB4FB5-D8BE-4B99-839B-7555B4BBC84A.jpeg

243996D6-78C0-4AC7-A5D2-3A925A4B4DF2.jpeg

Is that a square taper BB? I'll scratch around and see if I have anything that can help. I've got a Sora rear derailleur but it unfortunately on a bike I bought that's still lying in PE. That Triple crank could be a problem though, most are double.

Clearing the spares room and up for grabs if someone can find good use for these items   : Update of what's been taken , rest up for grabs- FREE
KCNC seatpost 
CSIXX 3mm 34t chainring  
Avid Elixir brakes
Collect in Durbanville

IMG_5936.jpeg

IMG_5933.jpeg

Edited by Just Jacques

14 minutes ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

Is that a square taper BB? I'll scratch around and see if I have anything that can help. I've got a Sora rear derailleur but it unfortunately on a bike I bought that's still lying in PE. That Triple crank could be a problem though, most are double.

Good morning and thanks for the post. I have no idea about the BB as I understand very little about road bikes. To be honest I dont think the front chainrings is too important for him. Even if he stays in one gear up front but can change gears in the back it is good enough for his commute. @Scary Rider has kindly offered to bring some Sora parts from Potch when she comes down for CTCT so hopefully we are sorted.

Edited by Delarey

2 hours ago, Just Jacques said:

Clearing the spares room and up for grabs if someone can find good use for these items   : 
KCNC seatpost 
CSIXX 3mm 34t chainring 
Giant stem 100mm 8deg 
Avid Elixir brakes
Specialized bottle cages 
Collect in Durbanville

IMG_0960.jpeg

IMG_5935.jpeg

Can I get these please?😇