GIANT or TREK?

dalecpt

Giant. Lighter bike and lifetime warranty (5 years only apparently) if you will keep it that long. 

BikeRadar verdict

"The new Anthem 29 2 is a hoot to ride, lightning fast and won't leave you filing for bankruptcy" 

TREK

I have owned a Giant (many moons ago).  Now own a TREK.

Problem with these threads is that the vast majority of replies just confirm what brand the person rides who replies ....

A few replies may look into the component lists to give some technical feedback.  At this price range both are decent bikes !!

The only way to know which one - GO RIDE BOTH !  Enjoy the ride, and the let the bike choose you ....

Now go speak to Danie at Cycle4Life in Paarl about your next TREK  :thumbup:

TREK

Problem with these threads is that the vast majority of replies just confirm what brand the person rides who replies

Duh........that’s the true answer to the question

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you utmost to get a ride on both.

The geometry of the Giant looks more progressive, slacker head angle, steeper seat angle. It may make it more manageable and stable downhill.

Both have very similar components.

Have a look at the weight of the bikes and especially the quality and weight of the wheels. On a 29er, the quality and weight of the wheels can have an enormous impact on the way the bike rides.

If Trek, then why not Pyga? I believe they have same/similar suspension design

Its what I did, ended up with a really good second hand Pyga 110.

Both look nice: I have an Anthem and it is the best bike I have owned. Very comfortable to ride, fits me like a glove, it works well for me... The Trek does look the nicest to me though and I like the fact that it comes with a 2x11 drive train. Test ride both if you can: that, to me, is the best way to make an informed decision. Ciao.

Giant. Lighter bike and lifetime warranty if you will keep it that long. 

BikeRadar verdict

"The new Anthem 29 2 is a hoot to ride, lightning fast and won't leave you filing for bankruptcy" 

apparently "lifetime Warranty" is now only 5 years on the Giant

apparently "lifetime Warranty" is now only 5 years on the Giant

Did they take a hiding on lifetime?

BTW

What is considered lifetime? Very interested to know.

Frame lifetime?

Human lifetime?

How is lifetime established on a bike frame.

Hi Guys,

Wanting to move over from a hard tail to dual and am struggling to decide which is the better deal between these two bikes - can anybody please help? Thanks Everyone;-)

https://www.trekbikes.com/za/en_ZA/bikes/mountain-bikes/cross-country-mountain-bikes/top-fuel/top-fuel-8/p/21892/?colorCode=black

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/za/anthem-29er-2-2018

You can test ride both bikes in Durbanville, 100m apart. Thats what you should do. Phone ahead though

Archived