The Fake Cycling Goods Thread

Matt

http://www.bicycleretailer.com/sites/default/files/styles/colorbox_popup/public/images/article/gallery/IMG_2981_0.jpg?itok=B8XMPIAW

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair comment.

Now, what do we do differently?

Unions have their place, but they cannot be allowed to run amok.

So as an employer, join a union, they exist for employers too you know.

Lets rather have discussions about how we CAN make things work despite all the challenges.

The moment the "Iron Lady" of England curbed / banned the unions there, things in their industries, especially the Mining, improved drastically.

So wish the Government of SA grows a pair and get the unions to heel, as soon as they do that things will improve here also.

The moment the "Iron Lady" of England curbed / banned the unions there, things in their industries, especially the Mining, improved drastically.

So wish the Government of SA grows a pair and get the unions to heel, as soon as they do that things will improve here also.

You're going to walk on the moon before that happens

Fakes and copies are all over the place.

http://www.bicycleretailer.com/sites/default/files/styles/flexslider_full/public/images/article/gallery/IMG_2983.jpg?itok=CfJXBc0d

http://www.bicycleretailer.com/sites/default/files/styles/flexslider_full/public/images/article/gallery/IMG_2982.jpg?itok=IUyBQ5tT

Nana nana na na my Shimona!

You have no f**king idea.

You are obviously quoting from the perspective off a Tory Grandee.

That awful woman ruined the bargaining power of the worker by illegally destroying the rights of the working man.

Strike breaking - using Special Branch, MI5, the illegal gathering of intelligence; intimidating families, even their children.

More than three million unemployed, the destruction of the manufacturing sector. So eventually Britain became a financial clearing house or or be more exact an international money launderer.

Selling off of state assets: oh yeah Privatisation.

I'm sure all of the passengers who regularly try to travel on Southern Rail would testify to that particular abuse of public money.

This is completely off topic and for that I apologise. But please do not quote that terrible harridan if you don't add context.

Oh, she also took away free milk for kids under eleven years old.

There is no such thing as society. - Thatcher, 1988

There is no such thing as Thatcher. - Society, 2013

Has anybody ever been banned for selling fake goods on The Hub?

If action is being taken, perhaps it should be made open on the Hub, so that people can see action is being taken.

Has anybody ever been banned for selling fake goods on The Hub?

If action is being taken, perhaps it should be made open on the Hub, so that people can see action is being taken.

From a quick look at our logs there have been at least 9 bans for advertising counterfeits in the last 12 months.

We’ll consider making this public, however do need to ensure we don’t land ourselves in any legal hot water in doing so. I do see benefit in our members being aware of action.

Reproduction bells annoy me, seriously..

Spur cycles bell is a thing of beauty, yet the rip offs are sold freely!

But they are not sold as spur bells, and probably very little in it in terms of telling they're are genuine copies or original fakes

Great nitpicking.

So you have no solutions or success stories to share?

So we are doomed to just mine our natural resources, sell it off to China and buy back the finished goods from them?

I am not saying we can't use components from international suppliers where it makes sense, but we need to do some more value-add locally than we are currently.

FYI:I am on leave for two weeks guys, I can literally do this the whole day... (and I hate the word "literally"). People who purely import stuff and sell it at a profit is really one of my main peeves. We can do better than that.

Come with some positive contributions please.

Then again, even though this thread gave birth to my train of thought, it probably isn't the best place to be positive about local industry. I'll excuse myself from this thread and go find the appropriate "let's support local" thread and will leave you guys to discussing fakes.

Cheers, Ciao, totsiens.

Let's make South Africav great again!

Great nitpicking.

So you have no solutions or success stories to share?

So we are doomed to just mine our natural resources, sell it off to China and buy back the finished goods from them?

I am not saying we can't use components from international suppliers where it makes sense, but we need to do some more value-add locally than we are currently.

FYI:I am on leave for two weeks guys, I can literally do this the whole day... (and I hate the word "literally"). People who purely import stuff and sell it at a profit is really one of my main peeves. We can do better than that.

Come with some positive contributions please.

Then again, even though this thread gave birth to my train of thought, it probably isn't the best place to be positive about local industry. I'll excuse myself from this thread and go find the appropriate "let's support local" thread and will leave you guys to discussing fakes.

Cheers, Ciao, totsiens.

i like where your thinking's at regarding rebuilding south Africa. I honestly believe however, the kick off has to come from government in the form of a national directive on re-industrialization. They should start with public transport.The roll out should also follow the playbook employed by Singapore 40-odd years ago.

The current rush for free higher education (uni level) is both a waste of money and a misdirected approached to upskilling our population: We need more skilled laborers/artisans to DO MORE. If we broaden the base of lower income employment, we can more directly start changing the tide on unemployment. Even a low tide floats many ships. This aspect will require the assistance of private enterprise, and more importantly, a conscious acceptance by the populace that instant wealth is a falsehood of the zuma era. That is, they need to accept it will be lower salaries across the board and up the chain for a few decades, and that internationally attractive production will be the driver for increased salaries.

Fakes and copies are all over the place.

http://www.bicycleretailer.com/sites/default/files/styles/flexslider_full/public/images/article/gallery/IMG_2983.jpg?itok=CfJXBc0d

http://www.bicycleretailer.com/sites/default/files/styles/flexslider_full/public/images/article/gallery/IMG_2982.jpg?itok=IUyBQ5tT

Bat are these fake or copies? They have different brand names and probably look the same but have different quality.

I see the thread came up regarding Peter Wheeler and reminded me again of my dealings with him. Sounded like a decent guy, but I’m guessing appearance is everything.

After telling him I’d take a frame from him last year (Original Cervelo according to him) I had second thoughts and did a bit of homework before I was 100% sure I wanted to part with quite a bit of money. The Frame was fake according to me because the SR was all wrong, but he still argued that it was real. I cancelled the deal and then someone flagged him on the HUB. Later he sent me a voice note to basically say that he got it from a buddy who said it’s not from a dealer. So yeah…