Experience with CRC's move from DHL to SkyNet?

Eugene Brown

So... I'm in battle mode with UPS.

What I can say is that I am NOT impressed. 

Hi there,

Tracking # 1Z2XA1500411xxxxx

Good day 

Kindly verify the tracking number, as the one provided is invalid

Hi Lebo

This is the link I have for tracking

xxxxx
The tracking number is
1Z2XA1500411xxxxx
(same number for those of you like Lebo who don't do numbers)

Good day

Kindly be advised that your suppliers invoice is requested for clearance.

Regards,

Lebo

Dear Lebo,
Please see forwarded invoice from JensonUSA

Good day

Kindly send the invoice in PDF please?

OK...

I paid WHAT for this service??

Luffly.

Edited by gogo@

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My saga with UPS continues. I’ll spare the details but between them and customs, I’m still waiting. Just had a call to ask what’s in the package. FFS.

It’s been at Kempton Park since last Monday morning. ????

Pathetic i could not get a Tacx Bushido from them in two months eventually they refunded me and i bought kickr locally .

first they said the parcel was too dense.

second trainer was too heavy. 

Third time Skynet said the parcel had arrived and waiting for me to pay handleing charges and after paying only to find it never arrived took me another 2 weeks to get my money out of them . Again they said there was a density issue .

i will never purchase from CRC again the Skynet crowd are useless why they ever moved i really dont know but must be a business decision which will cost them.

Just my bad experince with them which was only since they have been with Skynet .  

Edited by hagar

So... I'm in battle mode with UPS.

What I can say is that I am NOT impressed. 

Hi there,

Tracking # 1Z2XA1500411xxxxx

Good day 

Kindly verify the tracking number, as the one provided is invalid

Hi Lebo

This is the link I have for tracking

xxxxx
The tracking number is
1Z2XA1500411xxxxx
(same number for those of you like Lebo who don't do numbers)

Good day

Kindly be advised that your suppliers invoice is requested for clearance.

Regards,

Lebo

Dear Lebo,
Please see forwarded invoice from JensonUSA

Good day

Kindly send the invoice in PDF please?

OK...

I paid WHAT for this service??

Luffly.

i feel for you most frustrating 

You people get no sympathy , here is whole damn thread detailing all the issues around these courier companies and the retailers and you still go and click "checkout"

it was never a problem before and have been using CRC for my cycling stuff since 2006 . Huge bike bag in a week but it seems as ever since they have changed their courier company it has been an issue .

You people get no sympathy , here is whole damn thread detailing all the issues around these courier companies and the retailers and you still go and click "checkout"

If someone in SA would care to import what I want I wouldn’t bother with this but, they don’t

it was never a problem before and have been using CRC for my cycling stuff since 2006 . Huge bike bag in a week but it seems as ever since they have changed their courier company it has been an issue .

I don’t want to spam this thread with my problems with UPS but believe me over the years I’ve had good service from CRC including from SkyNet. UPS is proper sh1te by comparison. They are incompetent and impossible to get information out of.

I find I’m not alone. HelloPeter has a number of complaints SAME as mine. Question is how much longer do I have to wait??

I would love right now to cancel the purchase ????

I don’t want to spam this thread with my problems with UPS but believe me over the years I’ve had good service from CRC including from SkyNet. UPS is proper sh1te by comparison. They are incompetent and impossible to get information out of.

I find I’m not alone. HelloPeter has a number of complaints SAME as mine. Question is how much longer do I have to wait??

I would love right now to cancel the purchase

Your problem seems to be that jenson USA did not ad a printed invoice into the box. Sars does not know what to charge you because they don't know what it cost and what it is. they cant take your word for it....otherwise everything would be that easy to bring in. UPS is merely your customs clearance agent. They don't have all the info to get it done faster at this stage it seems. They asked for a pdf because jpegs or whatever are not considered binding/legal docs as anyone with MS paint can edit it. You need jenson to send you a business tax invoice in pdf format and send them that - if you have not done so already.it is not the same thing as the proof of purchase they send you when you did the order.  if you are in jhb...youcan take it yourself even and walk out with your stuff then and there.

i have not had issues with UPS or DHL before. you just need to make sure you have all the info that NEEDS to be in the box in anycase. the exact samething will happen with aramex,dhl,skynet, etc etc etc if info is missing. if they cant clear it due tolack of info...it will be destroyed unfortunately.  

Edited by morneS555

lol...how do you think half the local retailers get their **** here?....

through he exact same channels via the exact same couriers....just 100k at shipments at a time.

been there done that.

edit:

i have been buying online and importing stuff since 2005...when the rand dollar exchange was around R5/R6. I have only "lost" one package since then....and that was through SAPO. the retailer in the US refunded me even though it was not there fault.

it is not for everybody though...i get it. you have to have SOME idea what you are getting yourself into and how to solve issues when they arise. it is not always as simple as clicking checkout and waiting for your goods.

Edited by morneS555

Your problem seems to be that jenson USA did not ad a printed invoice into the box. Sars does not know what to charge you because they don't know what it cost and what it is. they cant take your word for it....otherwise everything would be that easy to bring in. UPS is merely your customs clearance agent. They don't have all the info to get it done faster at this stage it seems. They asked for a pdf because jpegs or whatever are not considered binding/legal docs as anyone with MS paint can edit it. You need jenson to send you a business tax invoice in pdf format and send them that - if you have not done so already. it is not the same thing as the proof of purchase they send you when you did the order via email.

i have not had issues with UPS or DHL before. you just need to make sure you have all the info that NEEDS to be in the box in anycase. the exact samething will happen with aramex,dhl,skynet, etc etc etc if info is missing. if they cant clear it due tolack of info...it will be destroyed.

JensonUSA supplied the commercial Invoice and I supplied a copy myself days ago... I now wonder if there was a problem with the paperwork in the first place but that’s probably just being cynical.

I was prepared for a hiccup around that and sorted it. So they had required paperwork at least twice.

But i would still be waiting for UPS if I hadn’t lodgeda query. At no point did they contact me. I contacted them. After some days.

What the hold up is now I cannot say because they have every detail that I know of to give them. And they don’t bother to reply to queries.

Tracking has gone from released from customs to awaiting outstanding documents for customs clearance.

Lovely tracking system lights are on but nobody’s home.

to ad to my last post:

when i ordered a new frame from LOCAL distributor the beginning of the year,it gotstuck at customs for 2months (via aramex) because sars had their wires crossed about it being bike spares etc apparently. 

a fewmonths after that i ordered a Surly handlebar through the local distributors in Johannesburg. they added it to a shipment of stuff from Surly. that shipment also got stuck at customs for 2 weeks because of tax invoice stuff (via DHL) 

so even the local distributors. Shops are not immune to SARS's stick.

just saying.

Pleasantly surprised.After almost two years of not ordering from Crc,and also last time i did order,shipping still with Dhl,so delivery was promt,but ordered last Thursday evening,and Skynet delivered this morning,even as my location lists as remote,70km + from major centre.

Skynet sent email late Saturday evening confirming Sars needs money from me,and payment was done on Monday after receiving invoice at around noon.

So all in all not to shabby service....i might have just been the lucky one.

My parcel arrived (via UPS) in SA exactly a week before kvdp's CRC order. I'm still waiting for it to leave JHB.

ETA was given as Monday after I kicked up a fuss yesterday, received the invoice for duties and paid.  Now it's reverted to "wait and see...", aka waiting for payment.

JensonUSA has offered to refund the USD70 I paid on a shipment (worth R4800, which I think gets you free shipment with CRC).

That is decent.

But if I have to go that route again I'll try Aramex or something...

Honestly, I prefer SkyNet and CRC.

....i might have just been the lucky one.

It does seem as if Skynet have upped their game.

Long may it last.!

In case some of you think my story is a reflection of everything other than UPS... think again.

I made payment on Wednesday at lunchtime. The transaction reflects on my bank statement. POP was sent to UPS as directed from my bank.

BUT my goods are still being held in their warehouse... so another round of queries (because they don't ever contact me, I contact them to ask why the delay).

The answer? They haven't received payment.

So yes, I've sent proof of payment again...

What's the next excuse?

As I've said before, this is a pattern reported elsewhere, it's not just my experience.