Karoo to Coast

Marichen

Just one or two last minute things I wanted to get some clarity on.

Last time I did K2C was in 2016.

Do they still serve a meal to all riders on Saturday night at registration (spaghetti bolognaise?)

Can a friend, who is not riding, also grab a meal there with all the riders? (paying for it of course)

Do they have shower facilities available at the stables?

Asking for said friend - back in 2016 I couldn't have been bothered with taking a shower as I didn't want to be without clothes on for longer than 10 seconds.

Free meal for riders only ,lots of other food available to buy.

Showers about 100m and 200m from stables.Behind registration are the nicest bathrooms

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Free meal for riders only ,lots of other food available to buy.

Showers about 100m and 200m from stables.Behind registration are the nicest bathrooms

Awesome. 

Thanks for the reply.

Here's a tip I learnt the hard way;

Get yourself new brake pads. Those long descents will ensure that you run out of old brakes by the time you reach Gouna, where you will need them the most on the descent to that sharp horseshoe bend. Last year I very nearly went over the side on that bend as I had NO braking left.

I almost needed a new bib after that.

No man, jy trek jou ore plat en laat loop. Watse ge briek briek is dit dan nou????

No man, jy trek jou ore plat en laat loop. Watse ge briek briek is dit dan nou

And when things start going sideways you just stick your foot in between your fork and the tire to shed some speed?

Wind 15km gusting to 25 from SW.

Rain shower 11am for an hour.

10/11 degrees the whole day.

Going to be a bit of a miserable one then.

My 9th and worst one too date. Cold, wet, mud, chain broke. At least I can still claim I've kept all of them under 5 hours. Even if just by 19 seconds.

Big thanks to the guy lending me his chain breaker for a quick road side fix.

I hope number 10 (and last) will be better.

Edited by Rouxenator

Had to do a singlespeed conversion after ou wapad descent. Cost me around 15min to do that, plus don't know how much time spinning out at 19/20kmh on the straights and downhills in the one gear. Caught a hailstorm at Diepwalle. Ended up doing 4h43min..beating my time of last year with more than an hour.