Karoo to Coast

Marichen

I See KE also did the ride/race on a gravel bike....... I thought this was not allowed or is it just dopers can do what they want........

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Read a report/article this morning that there weren’t really any pro’s in the field this year. All i know is I want their weather app.....

Accuweather. I looked at the predicted ambient temperature and predicted wind, calculated the wind chill factor (sub-6, close to 5 degrees), then did a thumb suck for adding in rain and wet and thought "Nah. On a 5 hour ride - or more for an ou ballie like me - its possible hypothermia...". Decided to rather bail.

I See KE also did the ride/race on a gravel bike....... I thought this was not allowed or is it just dopers can do what they want........

I rode past two gravel bikes that were flat-bar converted to get past this ‘rule’

And went up simola climb past an e-bike that obviously ran out of juice....so don’t think anybody actually checked

I rode past two gravel bikes that were flat-bar converted to get past this ‘rule’

And went up simola climb past an e-bike that obviously ran out of juice....so don’t think anybody actually checked

There was a guy checking our start group but wouldn’t have spotted an ebike especially if in a group... do you know if that bike made it home??

His ban was from 4 March 2015 until 3 March 2019. As for the gravel bike well it seems now days anything goes at races... just check out the multi page e-bike thread.

There was a guy checking our start group but wouldn’t have spotted an ebike especially if in a group... do you know if that bike made it home??

Must have, because i waited at the top for about 10 minutes for my wife to catch up and he came past pushing it to Simola water point. If he made it to there i’m sure he must have finished?

Anyway meh...it obviously didnt help him much lol.

His ban was from 4 March 2015 until 3 March 2019. As for the gravel bike well it seems now days anything goes at races... just check out the multi page e-bike thread.

He rode last year as well and finished top10..they even announced his presence and gave him a special welcome over the mic at the start line then..I remember thinking WTF really?! K2C is not CSA sanctioned so he was allowed to ride.

For the gravelbike bit.. the K2C website actually went out of their way to put it in their race rules this year that no e-bikes and gravelbikes will be allowed for safety reasons.. I saw at least 5 gravelbikes full drops and all

Edited by JohanDiv

He rode last year as well and finished top10..they even announced his presence and gave him a special welcome over the mic at the start line then..I remember thinking WTF really?! K2C is not CSA sanctioned so he was allowed to ride.

For the gravelbike bit.. the K2C website actually went out of their way to put it in their race rules this year that no e-bikes and gravelbikes will be allowed for safety reasons.. I saw at least 5 gravelbikes full drops and all

Hence I don't enter K2C anylonger. The rules just aren't very clear

Not the biggest rule he has broken.

I honestly believe the gravelbikes were handicapped in those conditions...

Ja i agree. Must have sucked bigtime on a gravel bike. I rode it on a hardtail and i kakked off properly on the decents.

So a question.... Where does Sebastian Stark come from? I see his racing re Racetec only stats in October 2018 and has only got 4 races to his name. Is he die Muishond?

Interesting to see a Subvet blast onto the scene like this.

Or is he perhaps Tony's brother?