Reversed Route 94.7 2018

mercurystorm

While it is stil expensive, it is still well priced compared to a lot of other races on the calendar.

If I remember correctly, Emperor's Palace was R420 and that was without full road closure. I'm happy to pay the bit extra for the complete road closure.

Plus, this event is always well organised and run. I can't always say the same for other races... cough cough... ASG...

+1

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I paid under R200 for my first one.

I have a friend that is doing his 22nd Cycle Challenge / 94.7 this year (YES HE HAS DONE ALL OF THEM  :clap: that is an achievement)...and as far as he can recall he paid something like R25.00 for the first one in 1997.

I have a friend that is doing his 22nd Cycle Challenge / 94.7 this year (YES HE HAS DONE ALL OF THEM  :clap: that is an achievement)...and as far as he can recall he paid something like R25.00 for the first one in 1997.

did my first one in 98, was definitely more than R100 by then already

did my first one in 98, was definitely more than R100 by then already

Then R280 in 2011 was not a big jump each year being the 15th already...as others also say, would pay every year to do this in FULL ROAD CLOSURE  :thumbup:  awesome race and looking forward to the Reverse route this year!

how many roundabouts are there in steyncity on the downhill riding this way round.  not to keen on those in a big group given that everyone would like to be on the front for the hill coming  

Edited by Slakkepas

I did the first one that started at Eishkom. That climb up past Hyde Park and the zoo gave me nightmares for years...

those climbs were there in 98 too.

how many roundabouts are there in steyncity on the downhill riding this way round. not to keen on those in a big group given that everyone would like to be on the front for the hill coming

Good point, I remember at least one roundabout close to the top the normal way round, but my memory is basically shot because I'm deep in the red by then.

To expand on this point, going to be interesting to see where they put the finish line in Riversands. Going to be a high speed finish to the race and weekend warriors jostling for position to sprint for 845th place is going to make things dicey.

those climbs were there in 98 too.

I missed many more years after that first one.

Personally I prefer that the bunches will be reduced in size pretty quickly ... Makes for safer 'racing' IMHO

Sent from my LG-D958 using Tapatalk

Just rode to the top of Randburg/crossing Republic on Rouvy/Kickr; it's not as much fun as you would think

Do the next bit as well...

ride that little bump on Jan Smuts from the bottom of Conrad drive to Hyde Park corner... it is not that long. Steep? Nah I did not say steep I said long [emoji41]

I did the first one that started at Eishkom. That climb up past Hyde Park and the zoo gave me nightmares for years...

Giving away your age..

Just rode to the top of Randburg/crossing Republic on Rouvy/Kickr; it's not as much fun as you would think

LOL

Can't understand why they have to try make the ride "easier". There are enough easy, flat races around.

Does anyone remember the Star 100 which started and finished at Nasrec in 87 or 88?

I know Wyatt did this one

All the way around JHB and included going up Allens Nek

We finished in a huge storm with sleet and ice