Reversed Route 94.7 2018

mercurystorm

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to seeing this reverse route play out, struggling with cramping again lately in spite of having trained somewhat (long rides and hiit) .

Having soo much torque stresses for the first half is going to be fun (insert sarcasm here).

:eek:

Hey guys, we doing this year on BMX's again for a charity, have a newcomer joining us, with one small issue, he does not have a BMX. Anyone have or know of someone that would allow us the use of their BMX for the day? If safety/security is a concern, I'd be more than willing to pay a deposit to ensure that you get your bike back. Thanks a mil!!

So with the availability of the race packs for download...

*Only entries received up to and including 1 October 2018 will be able to generate their information. Entries received thereafter will receive their start times at a later stage.

I have a question about the groups at 947. Surely you need a racing licence to race in VA VB VC etc???

I was placed in VB and nearly had heart failure - when I could breathe again I was a little confused how this happened anyway... Is the groups at 947 not based on being in possession of a racing licence?

My exact struggle at the moment. Very annoying.

Looking forward to seeing this reverse route play out, struggling with cramping again lately in spite of having trained somewhat (long rides and hiit) .

Having soo much torque stresses for the first half is going to be fun (insert sarcasm here).

:eek:

I have a question about the groups at 947. Surely you need a racing licence to race in VA VB VC etc???

I was placed in VB and nearly had heart failure - when I could breathe again I was a little confused how this happened anyway... Is the groups at 947 not based on being in possession of a racing licence?

Unlike other races, the vets categories are not licensed. You only need to be in the right age group and have a good enough seeding.

From www.cyclechallenge.co.za/cyclechallengeterms :

9. Only cyclists with a valid Cycling South Africa (CSA) license and the required seeding index will be permitted to start in the Elite, U23, Junior (U17), Juvenile (U15) categories for both ladies and men. Restricted gears apply for Juniors and Juveniles, as per CSA rules.

Note that vets is not there ^

14.8. The Veteran categories are further subdivided into the following Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) categories: 3034 and 35-39, 40-44, 45- 49, 50-54, 55-59 and 60+. The sizes of these groups will be limited to the best seeded cyclists per group based on their individually determined seeding index.

Congrats on earning that seeding!

Edited by GaryvdM

Unlike other races, the vets categories are not licensed. You only need to be in the right age group and have a good enough seeding.

I think I just had heart failure again... :eek: proof that the seeding system is wrong. But my stupid big head will probably still see me start with this group and just get dropped on the first hill... :oops:

I think I just had heart failure again... :eek: proof that the seeding system is wrong. But my stupid big head will probably still see me start with this group and just get dropped on the first hill... :oops:

If you want to know how they calculated your seeding, go to http://seeding.cyclechallenge.co.za/

Edited by GaryvdM

Any of my Alberhoughton homies going to MTB registration in the next day or 2?

I am still away on my camping week away, could be tight for me to make it by closing time tomorrow ....

Would highly appreciate some help .... Please!

Happened to be driving from Fourways to Parktown this morning so took a spin on the route. Homestaed, Jan Smuts to Hyde Park and past the zoo will have a lot of people very miserable.

the good thing is, a lot of groups coming from the back that you can latch on and pull you to the end.

So with the availability of the race packs for download...

*Only entries received up to and including 1 October 2018 will be able to generate their information. Entries received thereafter will receive their start times at a later stage.

The Elites, U23, Juniors and Juveniles are the only "sanctioned" categories. The rest ride in the "fun ride" categories. 

Happened to be driving from Fourways to Parktown this morning so took a spin on the route. Homestaed, Jan Smuts to Hyde Park and past the zoo will have a lot of people very miserable.

I also drove this route recently and am pretty sure I will be one of the miserable ones. I also drove North up the M1 then off at woodmead and all the way down to Kyalami and that made me feel better. Provided there is no headwind. I prefer not to think of the hills after that though.

I also drove this route recently and am pretty sure I will be one of the miserable ones. I also drove North up the M1 then off at woodmead and all the way down to Kyalami and that made me feel better. Provided there is no headwind. I prefer not to think of the hills after that though.

A Colnago will not fear those hills. Some I have known would be able to get around the loop somewhere in the 2h40s... :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r: