Reversed Route 94.7 2018

mercurystorm

Fitter? Yes, probably due to the +900km of running I’ve done this year. Climbing strength has taken a beating, but fitness is definitely up.

As for weight, hmm, 78 + a steel frame means a bit more work required on the ascents.

That drop in HR from one year to the other is HUGE.  Very significant.  Definitely much fitter. 

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That drop in HR from one year to the other is HUGE.  Very significant.  Definitely much fitter. 

Especially considering the conditions of the event this year, I would expect a higher heart rate if fitness remained the same and the Wattage remained the same.

Kudo's Frosty :thumbup:

That's in Cape Town in March, please fact check yourself. . .  :ph34r:bout the wind.... ?

Sriiiiiight, when we gonna stop bitching about the temperature and lousy start chute protocol, nd start moaning about the wind and lack of water in slaapstad?

PS, i was better than expected, but the 3 (non climbs) after Kyalami realllly took it out of me. Had a Gu, recovered for a bit and then helped pull a nice bunch to Mnandi where i hit 80 something km/hr

That drop in HR from one year to the other is HUGE. Very significant. Definitely much fitter.

Especially considering the conditions of the event this year, I would expect a higher heart rate if fitness remained the same and the Wattage remained the same.

Kudo's Frosty :thumbup:

So it seems the running, and the 365 day challenge, has helped. At least with fitness, but not strength.

2:44 back in the day on this. 15kg with STI shifters. :thumbup:

Must have been nice on the downhills with the big chain ring ????

I was on a Pyga Stage with Conti 2.4....running 1 x 12

So it seems the running, and the 365 day challenge, has helped. At least with fitness, but not strength.

For me cardio = fitness in this case. Which you will get from all the running.  This also explains your drop in HR. 

Good strategy call for this year!!

For me cardio = fitness in this case. Which you will get from all the running. This also explains your drop in HR.

Good strategy call for this year!!

Change of focus, rather than strategy. Happy that they can complement each other.

Apparently this guy rode with Aero bars, I thought they were not allowed.

Jokes aside, there was a guy in A on a tri-bike. 

Jokes aside, there was a guy in A on a tri-bike. 

I saw a couple of them on the day, wonder why they weren't stopped when helmet/chip etc was inspected before being let into the start pen

I saw a couple of them on the day, wonder why they weren't stopped when helmet/chip etc was inspected before being let into the start pen

Maybe they were only asked to check for chip, helmet and number.

Maybe they were only asked to check for chip, helmet and number.

Also started in A, nobody checked any of the above

I wonder if people could have sneaked into the normal batches with ebikes as well?

I got a cursory 'check' of helmet, chip etc. To be honest I think they only checked that I was in the right group, and that was a verbal check......

Hate to be that guy, but when are PPA rerunning the seeding??  It's been done by Tuesday evening all year...

I'm guessing they're waiting until all the issues with the times and route change are ironed out...  but also checking the seeding almost hourly for updates.

I wonder if people could have sneaked into the normal batches with ebikes as well?

Yip. I saw at least three