2018 Bike Hub Fantasy Tour

News bot

You forgot Mark 'bollard' Cavendisch.

I thought about Crashendish, but I think he will cash himself out before the start of the race.

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's much the same as last year. The most combative rider gets a few more points and there is a team time trial.

The biggest change is probably the team size. This year there are 8 riders in a team but we've thrown in an extra substitute.

ok cool. found the 2016 doc that also used to have the wildcard of finishers in a break too - that became a bit obscure i think

Riders in a break (above) that cross the finish line ahead of the peloton will share a daily quota of 200 points, i.e. if

there are 2 riders in the break that finish ahead of the peloton, they will each get 100 points, while 5 riders will get 40

points each.

ok cool. found the 2016 doc that also used to have the wildcard of finishers in a break too - that became a bit obscure i think

Riders in a break (above) that cross the finish line ahead of the peloton will share a daily quota of 200 points, i.e. if

there are 2 riders in the break that finish ahead of the peloton, they will each get 100 points, while 5 riders will get 40

points each.

With moving to the new system we had to simplify the points allocation. The above made the collation for results a bit of a nightmare... especially for Frosty who was doing it all manually at the time via an impressive array of spreadsheets.

When we compared the current points system against the old system with breakaway points the outcome for 2016 would have been the same. So we cut down on the complexity.

This is your guide to the points for 2018: https://fantasytour.bikehub.co.za/about

The most notable difference from 2017 is the TTT points allocation. This does offer an opportunity to score some decent points (25 points per rider on the first placed team), but you'll have to balance TTT hopefuls with the remaining 20 stages...

seems simple.

because the tour goes like this

/\

_           /  \

__/  \ rest  /    \

/

______ rest /                         fly to paris _

week1 sprinters/classics okes in good ttt squad

week2 climbers

week3 climbers

The most notable difference from 2017 is the TTT points allocation. This does offer an opportunity to score some decent points (25 points per rider on the first placed team), but you'll have to balance TTT hopefuls with the remaining 20 stages...

Just to clarify - Does this mean that the TTT winners in that team will ALL be given 25 points EACH for 1st place, ALL riders in 2nd place get 20 points, etc, etc on day 3? 

So the first 10 teams rides would end up getting some points?  :thumbup:

Just to clarify - Does this mean that the TTT winners in that team will ALL be given 25 points EACH for 1st place, ALL riders in 2nd place get 20 points, etc, etc on day 3?

So the first 10 teams rides would end up getting some points? :thumbup:

I read it as the top 10 teams get points, but 50% of the daily stage value. All riders in the same (real) team get the same number of points, so fantasy team points are based on riders selected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought about Crashendish, but I think he will cash himself out before the start of the race.

Yep, I agree. Would have included him if he was able to stay on his Cervelo!

So the first 10 teams rides would end up getting some points?  :thumbup:

As Gerald has it below - yes, the top 10 teams on day 3 will all score points. Every active rider on the team will get the same points, 50% of the usual Stage win points on offer.

So there is opportunity to score some big points, e.g if you had all 8 of the winning team's riders in your squad for the TTT you score 200 points for the win, but how useful will they be on other days?

I read it as the top 10 teams get points, but 50% of the daily stage value. All riders in the same (real) team get the same number of points, so fantasy team points are based on riders selected.

I really hate this game. I hope to improve from last year.

Well, last year half my team crashed out... 

As Gerald has it below - yes, the top 10 teams on day 3 will all score points. Every active rider on the team will get the same points, 50% of the usual Stage win points on offer.

So there is opportunity to score some big points, e.g if you had all 8 of the winning team's riders in your squad for the TTT you score 200 points for the win, but how useful will they be on other days?

Understood  :thumbup:

Yes it will be a juggling act to get the correct mix of riders in your squad.

BUT as we are WELL AWARE  :ph34r:  :devil:  there is also a HUGE amount of LUCK involved  :wacko:

Good luck to all and enjoy TDF 2018.

Some teams updated today:

• Team EF Education First-Drapac p/b Cannondale
  • Team Dimension Data
  • UAE-Team Emirates

Still to be confirmed:

• Direct Energie
  • Team Fortuneo - Samsic
  • Cofidis, Solutions Crédits
  • Trek - Segafredo
  • Team Sky
  • Team Sunweb

Hey guys! I finally got a chance to visit le hub again and realised it's tdf fantasy tour time!!

I have made my (probably useless) selections and hope to be able to at least finish the tour with a full team - last year I only had 6 left out of 12.

Any tips for a newbie playing in their first season of fantasy?

If you help me and I win then you can get a chance to use my Kickr

Pick your riders, and then don't make any changes between submitting your team, and the start of the Tour #nosecondguessingyourself

If Chris Froome is not allowed to start can we change our picks or would that be similar to a DQ during the race?

If Chris Froome is not allowed to start can we change our picks or would that be similar to a DQ during the race?

The rules will apply as per usual.

Participants have until 11h10 SAST on Saturday, 7 July 2018 to pick their teams. This is the official start time for the first stage. So you can change your team freely until then.

There is the chance that Froome will make the official start list but does not start. In that case, he will be marked as dropped out on the Fantasy League.