• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GoLefty!

Raptor 22

Dunno about carbon.

Carbon29er was Rob Booth, that guy who imported the blank 29er frames (they look exactly like Adrenalin frames) and put Booth stickers on it. He tried to sort out CSA's financial mess but then decided to rather go to Oz.

Not to be confused with TimB.

TimB and Headshot get along like a house on fire on the Warthogs forum as well. We'll used to, that place is now even quieter than the trailhub.

are they from the USA? Which state? I can believe their comments as try driving in Houston... :eek:

Australia!

Carbon29er was Rob Booth, that guy who imported the blank 29er frames (they look exactly like Adrenalin frames) and put Booth stickers on it. He tried to sort out CSA's financial mess but then decided to rather go to Oz.

Not to be confused with TimB.

TimB and Headshot get along like a house on fire on the Warthogs forum as well. We'll used to, that place is now even quieter than the trailhub.

Yes! He was a good contributor.

I've been watching your momentum build with every anonymous post you make old boy - you're on a roll. Time to reign yourself in there tiger. You're getting out of hand again.

Awe,.. don't be so. You tjune me I tjune you. That's the dance

Maybe he should change his name to GoRS1! to reflect the change in fork... While hinting at one of the previous nicks

GoLefty!

Raptor 22

Dunno about carbon.

whaaaaat. GoLefty! left cannondale?!

this all makes a bit more sense with names to the faces.

whaaaaat. GoLefty! left cannondale?!

this all makes a bit more sense with names to the faces.

Nope. He could actually be called "Carbon29erGolefty" because thats what he rides now.

Hence his love of tiny brake rotors and tyres with no tread and no such thing as a dropper post. 

You know full well that if berms are intended to tighten up, that the exit should then be designed to accommodate the rider being higher up on the berm at exit The berm disappearing to nothing but off camber track is just poor design. Don't make excuses for poor design. trail features should be design to maintain the flow of the trail and thus promote riders laying off the brakes for as long as possible. 

And whats all the issue with peoples disc brakes now. 160/140 is a legitimate gravel bike set up and gravel bikes can ride Tokai too or do you have some rules in the pipeline to get rid of those too because you don't have one?

Would you mind displaying your title deed to MTB? I'd really like to see why you think you own MTB and how riders should enjoy it. Crashing often on the land and leaving DNA behind doesn't qualify as title deed.

You really sound like a grouchy old man who has never ridden the Epic but dearly dearly wants too but can't because he spent his life campaigning against it and the people who participate in it. There there group hug. Just drop the cash, do the training and post the happy pics :clap:

Could not have said it better .I was also an epic hater .Had more to do with the celebrity thing than anything else .Now that i have also gained celebrity status after doing it ,i love the event .I am still wearing my riders wrist tag and will take it of when it has faded into unrecognizable  status .I would love to ride those trails  again 

Could not have said it better .I was also an epic hater .Had more to do with the celebrity thing than anything else .Now that i have also gained celebrity status after doing it ,i love the event .I am still wearing my riders wrist tag and will take it of when it has faded into unrecognizable  status .I would love to ride those trails  again 

And you my friend should not believe everything you read on the internet,  this DnD guys posts especially.  He lacks a decency filter and if he finds an opinion odious he resorts to ad hominem attacks. The kind of thing that has got him kicked off here twice already. 

I would love to ride the Epic and have never said i didnt. I was asked to partner somone for 2020 but did not accept because I cannot afford it. This highlights one of the problems with it.

My comments about Epic riders are a comment on the prevailing MTB culture in SA and are applicable to any old marathon event, the bikes that are ridden and the attitude displayed by some of the participants (especially Epic finishers), based on my personal experience. These are my opinion. I am entitled to that opinion. If you differ, tell me why, not why I am a ****. DnD has yet to learn this. He then claims he was just tjooning me. Only joking.

I try and deal in facts . Like the brakes. 160/140 twin piston brakes are very poor at slowing down a bike and rider from anything like the speeds that full suspension bikes can attain. Trails like Helderberg promote high speed. The fact that DnD compares a dual suspension bike to a rigid gravel grider, pottering down a jep track, with the same brakes is farcical. Gravel grinders dont manage the trickier single track at Tokai either. Vasbyt doesn't really count. 

Since many hiking trails were originally ridden and turned into MTB trails, such things as constant radius corners and big fat berms were few and far between. Now, in 2019, the berm is at fault because people, including seasoned pros cant take a corner properly? Its laughable. Is this MTB or  road riding? In fact, scratch that, a cobbled classic corner is harder than a constant radius manicured berm. 

Don't forget to watch part II of the Epic Journey of Mighty Mouse and The Missile Lima on Toyota Cadence tonight.

Don't forget to watch part II of the Epic Journey of Mighty Mouse and The Missile Lima on Toyota Cadence tonight.

Will that include the Mariska Straus incident?

It deserves a few more pages on this thread. I don't think we spent enough time on it when it happened.