Bad bike services

Zein

Hi, This will be Bike Addict only reply to this topic.

Yes Zein did bribg in his bike for a Major service and asked to do the basic Top shock service. He asked us not to fit new dustcovers.

Regards to the Rebound.

Mechanic did inform the workshop Manager about the rebound adjustment not working, but it is not a part that gets worked on on the serviced asked to perform. When that section gets worked on the Shock gets sent in to the relevant supplier to be done.

When he informed us about the complaint We did explain to him it is not an area where we work on at all and its impossible for us to damage that part then. I dod offer to have the suspension sent in to the agent, have them assess it ad give us a damage report if it could be Bike Addict that could have caused this. If that was the extreme case i dis tell him we would be happy to settle this bill.

It was very strange that when receiving his bike the 1st thing he checked was that the rebound worked...making us believe he was aware of the problem before hand.

On the pivot damage. We have the correct bearing pullers and presses to insert or retract those parts. We also have CCTV footage in the workshop we said he is welcome to view to see the process of the work that was done. The Mecanic that worked on the bike also confirmed that there was damage to those areas prior.

On the matter of not returning calls.

The store owner was out of store for allot of the day but everytime he got the message to phone the client back...he did. The client did not phone us again.

The matter of his bike being called a “ piece of ****”

That was not said. He said we did cause the damage. We then stated we work on allot of bikes, and allot of them being Carbon top end models where our clients are very particular about there equipment and service like that and that would definitely not be tolerated and damage like that on a carbon bike would be detrimental. We assemble over 200 bikes a month with a service department with over 9staff. We know what we are doing.

Yes a heated conversation started and words were said from both sides.

Again, video footage was made available and we did offer to have the damaged part sent in for assessment.

Its easy to hear one side of the story...but usually there is 3.

Happy riding.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The reply from Bike Addict certainly puts forward another side of the story ....

It would appear the OP has lost faith in Bike Addict.  Thus foor future services - another vote for Louise and his team at Knipe_Racing.

Edited by ChrisF

Hi, yes that is our policy unfortunately. There is allot of new bikes and customer bikes standing and waiting to be collected. We have had damage to bikes like that before and you wont believe the “freedom” some people allow there kids in stores. These products are unfortunately not cheap and we do take great care not to have products damaged.

Ah Bike-Addict, the place where your kids can't touch a kid's bike without getting a "can you please get your kids to stop climbing on the bikes, they are new" comment.

Well, I did come here to buy a kid's bike, but ok, I will have my excited 4 year old shop with his eyes only.

Then, I am still waiting for my "call you Monday" call on the prices and availability of the 4 options for the said kid.

So from my experience there, I believe the OP. (not that that means anything)

Ah Bike-Addict, the place where your kids can't touch a kid's bike without getting a "can you please get your kids to stop climbing on the bikes, they are new" comment.

Well, I did come here to buy a kid's bike, but ok, I will have my excited 4 year old shop with his eyes only.

Then, I am still waiting for my "call you Monday" call on the prices and availability of the 4 options for the said kid.

So from my experience there, I believe the OP. (not that that means anything)

Picked up yet another bike from Geko Cycles today.

Went there on Saturday and had a good look at the various options for our 7 year old.  They had a nice range and we were able to compare specs, sizes and options in a single store .... this was done without the kid.

On Monday afternoon we went back to Geko Cycles with the kid.  We showed him the various options.  Quickly checked one option for my own curiosity, then got the three options out to one side ... he walked around each, climbed on, tested standing over the top-tube, etc etc ... then set about eliminating the first due to its colour scheme.  Took a while to decide between the other two.

Then I set about or wishlist ... trigger shifter, specific colour grips, tire liners etc etc ...

15:00 today I got the call to confirm the bike is ready to be picked up.

BRILLIANT SERVICE ! !

But then again, due to the previous service levels we only looked at one other store for his bike .. and quickly left that store

Geko Cycles ROCKS !!

Edited by ChrisF

Picked up yet another bike from Geko Cycles today.

Went there on Saturday and had a good look at the various options for our 7 year old.  They had a nice range and we were able to compare specs, sizes and options in a single store .... this was done without the kid.

On Monday afternoon we went back to Geko Cycles with the kid.  We showed him the various options.  Quickly checked one option for my own curiosity, then got the three options out to one side ... he walked around each, climbed on, tested standing over the top-tube, etc etc ... then set about eliminating the first due to its colour scheme.  Took a while to decide between the other two.

Then I set about or wishlist ... trigger shifter, specific colour grips, tire liners etc etc ...

15:00 today I got the call to confirm the bike is ready to be picked up.

BRILLIANT SERVICE ! !

But then again, due to the previous service levels we only looked at one other store for his bike .. and quickly left that store

Geko Cycles ROCKS !!

That is great service and something we try to achieve as well. Unfortunately some parents, not all will let there kids loose in stores as if it is a playground. We have had damaged caused and strick rules were applied. We have a test track outside the store where kids can ride and test the bikes if wanted.

Edited by BIKE ADDICT

I did not tell anyone to replace dust boots. I was phoned and asked if they can give my shock a service and my words was to open and check seals and report back to me.

Also after the argument i was offered by them to send in the fork and let them qoute but nothing was said that they will pay.

You will also see ond the CCTV footage that i took a ride on my bicycle in front of the shop to see if my rear derailleur was adjusted and did a few bunny hops and loaded the bicycle on my car. The rebound knob caught my eye and I tried to turn it to see if it works and was surprised to see that it didn't work.

I also have photo evidence of my tri-link before the service that shows no damage or chip marks

Zein you are welcome to inspect the footage of the time your bike was serviced. We said we will send in the Fork and have the agent give us a damage report on the item. If damaged was caused by us. We will cover the bill. If not, then its up to you. The only thing we can fault ourselves here is the heated conversation. Unfortunately we are mostly guys here...we talk 1st and think later. Big problem with men in general i presume. I will apologize for the way the heated conversation went. But us for the damage that was not caused by Bike Addict.

We have another full day of bikes coming up tomorrow and unfortunately we wont be able to defend this topic on the forum for any longer.

Zein. Please if you want to come past again and look at the procedure and the tools we use or anything else and have a calm talk about this you are welcome to do so.

We have allot a very happy customers with reviews on our Facebook page and google that can confirm the level of service they received. Unfortunately in life you will never be able to keep everyone happy all the time but we try our best.

Keep well, happy riding..

Edited by BIKE ADDICT