Scott Spark 940 .... or what else ?

ChrisF

Pretty sure that won't be an issue. Just make sure you get the right offset chain ring based on whether you have a Boost or non-Boost frame

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure that won't be an issue. Just make sure you get the right offset chain ring based on whether you have a Boost or non-Boost frame

The new Scott Sparks are boost and use a 3mm offset chainring.  If noone else has tried then I guess I will have to spend some time taking measurements as I don't want to spend a grand on a chainring that does'nt fit.

The new Scott Sparks are boost and use a 3mm offset chainring.  If noone else has tried then I guess I will have to spend some time taking measurements as I don't want to spend a grand on a chainring that does'nt fit.

You'll easily fit a 34t oval on the new Spark frame. It has a max chainring size of 36t.

To be safe you could try a zero offset chain ring if it's a direct mount.

Maybe give Fred at Geco cycles a call he should be able to tell you if it will work or not very clued up guy and they mainly do Scott.

To be safe you could try a zero offset chain ring if it's a direct mount.

Maybe give Fred at Geco cycles a call he should be able to tell you if it will work or not very clued up guy and they mainly do Scott.

Thanks, thought about the zero offset but I think the chainline won't be great.

What's the benefit of oval over round?

There are so many discussion around it, I found that it help with climbing some say it is a false feeling, I like it and believe that it helps me, in theory it give you more power when your legs are in the "power" stroke.

There are so many discussion around it, I found that it help with climbing some say it is a false feeling, I like it and believe that it helps me, in theory it give you more power when your legs are in the "power" stroke.

the placebo effect is a great one, many athletes utilise it. There are just as many arguments around compression gear, and the placebo effect shows the power of the mind.

1 pro athlete I read about says he runs with compression socks all the time because when he runs with them he literally runs faster, and he himself admits that he has no idea if it is actually the socks that are helping or his belief that they are helping causes the extra speed.

Either way he is faster with them than without and that is all that really matter, the why is inconsequential.

Just telling yourself to run /cycle faster is much cheaper and more reliable

That does not work as well, the purchase justification if part of the motivator.

I bought X with the expectation of Y so mentally I will ensure that Y === true;

It's how apple stays in business.

That does not work as well, the purchase justification if part of the motivator.

I bought X with the expectation of Y so mentally I will ensure that Y === true;

It's how apple stays in business.

ooooh you used algebra so you must be right

can't argue with algebra

• 1 month later...

Hoping somebody in this thread can assist me. 

I need to get to the bolt to remove the grips on the integrated twinloc its on a 2016 930 Spark

This bolt is located behind the dropper cable, do i really need to remove the dropper cabling to get to this bolt?

I think this is a really bad design choice? I heard the twinloc design changed in 2018 have they addressed this?

Here is a pic of the bolt

464390e6564ee51d5d3aa2dc0be7ab9b.jpg

Looks like you may be able to pull that banjo / cable outer free from the remote, thereby gaining access to the bolt. Give it a light tug to see if you can.

Looks like you may be able to pull that banjo / cable outer free from the remote, thereby gaining access to the bolt. Give it a light tug to see if you can.

I tried that, there is no play in that cable housing.