[Event] Cape Town Cycle Tour 2019

Warren Lew

No5 counts for everyone tomorrow unless you are the hoff or Hendricks

You’re trolling?

Or joking? Don’t see a smiley.

If not, share more as your implicating a few professional cyclists.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh. Just rode to Fish Hoek and back from Muizenberg.

Wind is worse than one of Zuma's speeches. I did 2009, and honestly, today felt worse.

Maybe I was younger? haha

top of Smit’s, had the car I neutral, wind pushed us at 60km/h for a good few km.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spotted one of the Cape Town “golden boys” jumping red lights this morning. Not a great ambassador in your racing kit.

I mean if Savage can obey the road rules everyone can...

It affects your average speed.. Didn't you know?

Live FB update from organizers @2pm

Race is officially going ahead, no mention of canceling

They prepared for the wind

They have pre ordered 4000 cups of frail concrete to hand out at the start for the moaners!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never thought I'd say this, but bring back the Good Hope Centre. LOL

We were all excited when we first heard about the move from there, but this hasn't delivered on expectation.

Traffic getting there @ 5pm this eve killed my spirit, and unfortunately the expo had little to resurrect it.

The congested, market style setup of the stands just isn't very pleasant imo.

On a positive note, wind seems to be settling down. :)

LOL 

I have to love all this negative sentiment toward the Cape Ton Stadium. If its not rugby fans then its marathon runners or cyclists. It seems like no one in cape town likes efficiency.

Personally i had zero issues getting to the registration. Not much traffic. At not more thn I have to deal with daily in Cape Town. The EXPO itself isn't what it used to be but neither is the macro economic situation of RSA inc (except for some small wine making exclaves).

The Good Hope centre was s**t. Parking was aweful and aircon didn't work so it was always hot inside.

Now the EXPo venue is better and still the complaints box is full. What will it take for people to be happy?

#NEWLANDSMUSTFALL

:ph34r:

LOL

I have to love all this negative sentiment toward the Cape Ton Stadium. If its not rugby fans then its marathon runners or cyclists. It seems like no one in cape town likes efficiency.

Personally i had zero issues getting to the registration. Not much traffic. At not more thn I have to deal with daily in Cape Town. The EXPO itself isn't what it used to be but neither is the macro economic situation of RSA inc (except for some small wine making exclaves).

The Good Hope centre was s**t. Parking was aweful and aircon didn't work so it was always hot inside.

Now the EXPo venue is better and still the complaints box is full. What will it take for people to be happy?

#NEWLANDSMUSTFALL

:ph34r:

I agree that the new expo venue is more efficient... but I can't help but feel the old venue felt more exciting. Not sure why, perhaps it is simply nostalgia from the first few times we came to the Argus as a school group.

My wallet is happy though! Not because there wasn't anything nice - I very nearly bought a new Zephyr (but I wanted a white one).

Quick poll: how many people actually bought a handheld massager or gel heat pack thing? There were more of those than bikes this year.

Question. Do you guys have a front board with your race packs? (the thing to stick the number on? Got cable ties.

Nevermind. Found the see through thingy

Edited by kader01

I agree that the new expo venue is more efficient... but I can't help but feel the old venue felt more exciting. Not sure why, perhaps it is simply nostalgia from the first few times we came to the Argus as a school group.

My wallet is happy though! Not because there wasn't anything nice - I very nearly bought a new Zephyr (but I wanted a white one).

Quick poll: how many people actually bought a handheld massager or gel heat pack thing? There were more of those than bikes this year.

Agree as well, traffic not much worse than typical Saturday AM, parked at Virgin Active, lovely stroll down the park to the stadium, it was sunny, warm and the usual wind stirring the trees, inside it took 1 minute to collect race numbers, a bit longer if you had to get a chip like some of our team, the stalls were packed, lots of swiping of cards going on, generally good vibe, and then out...also went to Paarden Island for other shopping, and whoever predicted weather got it right:

Greenpoint, sunny and warm in with a gentle breeze

Paarden island and further out, sunny with howling SE

Newlands, lekka!

Hout Bay, chilly, rainy, squalling SE

We got it all and we going to get it all again tomorrow.

Bike check and warmup spin from Hout Bay to Chappies lookout, we ready to go!!! Whoopla!

post-35907-0-09524500-1552141570_thumb.jpeg

Live FB update from organizers @2pm

Race is officially going ahead, no mention of canceling

They prepared for the wind

Apparently on the recommendation from Trump, they're building a 20ft wall from Town to the Top of Smits tonight...

On another note, not a train smash, But my number is Blue and my loading pen is on the "Red Side"... Someone stuffed up somewhere.. LOL

Earning Momentum Active Dayz - log your participation through the FitVault for easy points allocation.

All you need to do is

1. download the FitVault app,
  2. on the home page click on "Link an Event".
  3. Then tap on Racetec to enter your number. As easy as that. 

Thereafter, every time you take part in a Racetec timed event Momentum Multiply will issue you with an Active Day.

Wind guru looks evil for Cape Point.

Double bowl of oats for breakfast tomorrow as those calories are going to be needed.

Good luck all have a safe ride.

We got a new Uvex road helmet and glasses combo on sale. There were other deep discounts on helmets at First Ascent and Solomons.