Tour de France 2019

gummibear

... so whats the viewing plans/options for those of us that don't have SuperSport ?

G

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

... so whats the viewing plans/options for those of us that don't have SuperSport ?

G

Steephill TV is your friend.. plenty links on there for options.

Honesty I don't know why the Brits are so outraged that Cav has been excl.. ffs the man has been k@k for ages, yes, illness crashes all that.. And I have no idea why Mrs Cavendish is retweeting the outrage.. Gilbert was snubbed.. GILBERT winner of Roubaix 2019 all round guy who is going to deliver something and will work his behind off for his team because he doesnt fit into the teams TDF plans but yet he will be cheering his team on happily.

Degenkolb wasnt selected..and he has shown good form and we all know Porte doesn't stand a chance at the GC win... so Cav and co can sit down an be quiet IMO.

Edited by Gen

It is sad not to have Cav' there and you'd want to the greatest sprinter in the modern era taking part on the biggest stage. The fact is that he's just not up to scratch at the moment and he's often said in the past that he'd rather not just be making up the numbers. If he's there he wants to respect the race, be a racer and be competitive. Unfortunately he is a racer and will always give himself a chance and when it comes to the Le Tour it's his passion so he is going to be super disappointed. 

I'd be the first to say you should taking him 'just in case' as he has that knack of winning on the big stage and has been written off so many times. Unfortunately this along with the 2 previously years had dented his run at Merckx record and the fact he's getting older isn't helping that fairy tale get written. 

With reduced teams now and Cav' needing at least Renshaw, Bernie and another to compete with the other trains that is alot of eggs in one basket. It's a massive call by the team but you have to think it was fair. It's not like his 2016 (?) year where he had that track build up in the winter to give him that edge in the chaos and had given him that instinct to surf wheels and position himself almost better away from the lead outs. 

I for one hope that he is over his illness, he can get back up to speed and find that click to come back next year and win again at the race the has defined his career. 

It is sad not to have Cav' there and you'd want to the greatest sprinter in the modern era taking part on the biggest stage. The fact is that he's just not up to scratch at the moment and he's often said in the past that he'd rather not just be making up the numbers. If he's there he wants to respect the race, be a racer and be competitive. Unfortunately he is a racer and will always give himself a chance and when it comes to the Le Tour it's his passion so he is going to be super disappointed.

I'd be the first to say you should taking him 'just in case' as he has that knack of winning on the big stage and has been written off so many times. Unfortunately this along with the 2 previously years had dented his run at Merckx record and the fact he's getting older isn't helping that fairy tale get written.

With reduced teams now and Cav' needing at least Renshaw, Bernie and another to compete with the other trains that is alot of eggs in one basket. It's a massive call by the team but you have to think it was fair. It's not like his 2016 (?) year where he had that track build up in the winter to give him that edge in the chaos and had given him that instinct to surf wheels and position himself almost better away from the lead outs.

I for one hope that he is over his illness, he can get back up to speed and find that click to come back next year and win again at the race the has defined his career.

The Team probably couldn’t afford training wheels for him....shame[emoji85][emoji3]

G

Sucking the hind tit?

Prob is there is xc and dh as well on Sat and Sun