Tour de France 2019

gummibear

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On a different note. Where was kwaito this tour or does he only go full superman for Froome?

Ja, his lack of performance in comparison to previous years was very noticeable. He was however also in the one day races not up too his normal very high standards so I do not think there is anything sinister to his performance during the tour.

I think it is fair to say that Bernal had less support from his team this year than Thomas/Froome had last year and Froome the few years before. Even Wout Poels only became better during the latter part of this race.

Ja, his lack of performance in comparison to previous years was very noticeable. He was however also in the one day races not up too his normal very high standards so I do not think there is anything sinister to his performance during the tour.

I think it is fair to say that Bernal had less support from his team this year than Thomas/Froome had last year and Froome the few years before. Even Wout Poels only became better during the latter part of this race.

He has had a very busy racing schedule..maybe he is just fatigued.

Sagz Baby unrivalled in the maillot vert competition

Even had a stutter after #elbowgate DQ

Makes a record feat seem so easy

Geez

Sagz Baby unrivalled in the maillot vert competition

Even had a stutter after #elbowgate DQ

Makes a record feat seem so easy

Geez

Yeah and it is anything but easy.. but he fights hard for it.

No one else in the history of the Tour has spent more days in a leaders jersey than Sags Baby..now just to get across the line tomorrow for no 7.[emoji172]

Bora will be very happy with their tour Sags in green and an incredible 4th[emoji1696] in GC ..they went in going for a top 10 so they have done so so well.

Edited by Gen

I will be really disappointed if Quick Step doesn't try to rip everyone's legs off from the gun.

Unfortunately, they just didn't see 14 days in yellow coming. Even JA started to believe he could do it. I think he may now change his approach to the classics and target GC in the Grand tours now. He certainly has the ability, just needs the preparation.

There is a definite changing of the guard. Bernal, Alaphilippe, Buchman, Van Aert, Van der Poel, Mas, even Kruiswijk. Ineos may have some promising youngsters on their books but I'm happy that we're starting to see the last of the miracle trackies to GC contender at toppie ouderdom. Even Valverde makes me think maybe I should give a pro career a go.....

Was an amazing tour this year. Shame it kinda fizzled out a bit in the last two stages with the weather, the loss of Pinot as challenger and the short stage today.

You have to wonder what Ineos are going to do next year. Froome back, Thomas won’t have the same distractions as this year and a drive to be back at top form, Bernal will be the defending champ and then Carapaz will also be in the mix. 4 GT champs, 3 GTs. At this rate you’ll have more leaders than domestiques in the tour team!

And where was Moscon all the time?

The lack of the formation is what concerned me about Bernal winning, which makes his victory all the more impressive. Plus the whole thing about who is the leader coming from all sides must have unsettled him but he handled it incredibly well, as did G ultimately.

It was only last year May/June that he showed himself up the mountains at Tour of California ffs.

Oh yeah[emoji106]

Steel is back[emoji3]

For the first time since '98 we're back in the Tour peloton with a steel bike! Oliver Naesen will start stage 21 with this brand new Corsa. A steel bike with a custom geometry and a custom Retro design. #MyCorsa #ModernHeritage

Discover MyCorsa: http://bit.ly/My_Corsa

a7835d58760e881252ab8ad29f421625.jpg

3b8df2de994ad8625876daaf802e6318.jpg

fc78e8f1465ab920c3cc411769862edf.jpg

8185c238451b08352c7b938fafc57c30.jpg