Tour de France 2019

gummibear

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no minimum sock height rule... Guys could go full tri-athlete if they wanted.

I see they have also introduced a rule which states nothing can be worn that changes the morphology of the body. So those back things guys wore to make them more aero are a no no.

Isn’t that the reason for this sock rule?

Otherwise what’s the reason.....

Isn’t that the reason for this sock rule?

Otherwise what’s the reason.....

Well sock height doesn't really change the shape of the body.

Guys were wearing clothes with rigid shapes in them to make them more aero. This is now a no no.

Higher socks are more of a traditional, less drastic advantage.

So yes, the sock height is part of it, but they have gone further to now ban anything worn on or under the clothes that changes body morphology. Clothes may not have more than a 1mm weave depth difference and only traditional safety (read helmets) and modesty (can't ride waxed in a thong) regulation apparel can be worn.

It's pretty clear.

The idea is to ban compression socks so the maximum height is to limit the compression effect on the calf muscles. The compression socks apparently aid in pumping blood back to the heart so it becomes an area where E&S can just get silly for marginal gains

The idea is to ban compression socks so the maximum height is to limit the compression effect on the calf muscles. The compression socks apparently aid in pumping blood back to the heart so it becomes an area where E&S can just get silly for marginal gains

Well they've banned all the decent drugs. Whats a team to do these days? :-) 

Tiz cycling - but mine says its been blocked by the copyright holder...

Same Here

Peloton happy with this composition, lets the break go up the road.

Tony Martin is charged with keeping the break in check.

They lead by 6min16.

The Panzerwagen is running in economy mode currently, just ticking it over.

Can you guys remember the day he decided to go on a breakaway with Alaphillipe, was awesome to see the panic stations in the peloton. 

Don't want to get anybody excited over nothing, but there is a fair amount of wind blowing....

We just need a 45° odd change in the direction the riders are riding and some wide open spaces to see some chaos ensue....

post-27827-0-29639600-1562588635_thumb.png

Don't want to get anybody excited over nothing, but there is a fair amount of wind blowing....

We just need a 45° odd change in the direction the riders are riding and some wide open spaces to see some chaos ensue....

40km time and it turns left...

If you have a VPN then ITV in the UK has it running for free online (itvhub) and all you need is a postcode to sign up. 

Well sock height doesn't really change the shape of the body.

Guys were wearing clothes with rigid shapes in them to make them more aero. This is now a no no.

Higher socks are more of a traditional, less drastic advantage.

So yes, the sock height is part of it, but they have gone further to now ban anything worn on or under the clothes that changes body morphology. Clothes may not have more than a 1mm weave depth difference and only traditional safety (read helmets) and modesty (can't ride waxed in a thong) regulation apparel can be worn.

It's pretty clear.

And a hunch pack under (camelpak) the shirt

????