Tour de France 2019

gummibear

Well the thing is the reality is we don't know either way so either accept that it's entertainment and enjoy it for what it presents.

outside of that we can't control so why waste the energy on cynicism?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the thing is the reality is we don't know either way so either accept that it's entertainment and enjoy it for what it presents.

Because you never know when the house of cards collapses.

My cynical answer would be 'because when people are involves, cynicism usually turns out to be the truth'....

Bernal went to the front to slow the gc group when Thomas was dropped. He didn't take the lead at all. He worked for Thomas today.

It initially looked on TV as if he tried to slow the gc group down (like you said) but then he seemed to change his mind.

On cyclingweekly he is quoted as follows: 

“As a team, Geraint Thomas has lost some time and that’s not good. I was available to help him but through the radio, they told me to not wait for him. I  don’t know if we can win the Tour de France, I know that the defending champion is my team-mate. I won’t go against the instructions of my team. If I’m asked to help, I will do. If I’m given freedom, I’ll try to make the best of it.”

The way I read it is that the team was not prepared to put all their eggs in one basket.  

Very entertaining stage.. from Sags and Nibbles up the road to the lekker win for Pinot, such a shame about that time lost to Albi. Buchmann is riding so so well...really happy for him.

Jumbo super super strong.

WTF is a munite...is that like a racehorse or donkey?

Sometimes when I type with my tongue my nose gets in the way.

Re Julian.

His development has been handled very well over the space of 3/4 years.. last year almost everyone said they would love to see him have a go at a GT after his KOM escapades.

If a rider can transform into one of the best GT riders after getting DQd in the giro for holding on to a moto on a climb and be put on notice by his team in the space of a year there should be no surprise that a small guy who has been very good since he burst onto the scene and slowly started shifting focus from being an all rounder into a possible GT contender.

That being said, today was the first day of high mountains...and a very very tough week awaits.. and yeah we should never just believe that everything is squeaky clean, DQ do after all have a very dodgy Dr in their employ. BUT I am enjoying the tour is has been far better than the last few editions.. if something does cone out. I will just sigh..it is the sport of cycling after all and nothing surprises me anymore.

We have learnt that Ineos are not as strong as Sky[emoji6] .. Kwaito was distance on the first climb that is very very unusual. Movistar are very strong but have no guy to finish it off. Besides for the stage finish in Albi, FDJ have ridden a very good Tour, Jumbo are really strong.. Buchman is a a real talent, climbing well with the best of the best.

*In the back of my mind I wonder how much the in competition ban of Tramadol has to do with things as we were lead to believe some riders were popping them even when they had no pain.*

Rest day tomorrow.. will we see some fierce riding today after a very tough day yesterday?

It is a kind of stage Bert would hammer.. but there is no Bert will someone step up?

Not too sure what is happening with my man Bernal - he was kinda looking back for / to Gee in that final assault and didn't see to be able to attack or follow the attack by Pinot, possibly a bit fatigued. I had asked 'what if' Gee is dropped and Bernal is still there, do the team tell him to go? Seems they did.

But still massive mountain stages to  come, great thing about this tour is nothing is certain, if indeed JAP takes yellow to Paris, it will be well deserved and a great win, but CAN he hang with those mountain goats all the way?

Rest day tomorrow.. will we see some fierce riding today after a very tough day yesterday?

It is a kind of stage Bert would hammer.. but there is no Bert will someone step up?

Yes, he is missed, the cheeky devil he was/is.

Won't even be able to follow on stream. Download speeds are moertoe in our area. Less than 1MB at the moment.

Archived