Tour de France 2019

gummibear

All these naysayers.. 

Ineos have a powerful squad, are incredibly well placed and have done very, very little work.

I'm personally rooting hard for JA and Pinot. Pinot has been outstanding and FDJ look to be maturing as a team.

I don't see Buchmann, Landa or Uran winning, but pretty sure the tour will be decided on Saturday afternoon, whoever it is going to be.

I for one am cancelling all plans and tuning in to what might be the greatest GC fireworks in years...... 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kwaito .. where has he been? not in good shape it seems. And Moscon?  pfft but hey lets see if they can set the pace this week

Bernal is looking better that Gee as I see it, but i don't know if he has what it takes to lead right now.

What Ineos is missing is Chris Froome to rally the troops.

I don't see how Ineos will peak in week 3.

They've done a lot of work and gone deep on several occasions. I don't see any magic except maybe that delivered by DHL

All these naysayers..

Ineos have a powerful squad, are incredibly well placed and have done very, very little work.

I'm personally rooting hard for JA and Pinot. Pinot has been outstanding and FDJ look to be maturing as a team.

I don't see Buchmann, Landa or Uran winning, but pretty sure the tour will be decided on Saturday afternoon, whoever it is going to be.

I for one am cancelling all plans and tuning in to what might be the greatest GC fireworks in years......

Let's just hope Pinot did a lot of heat training.. I believe temps are rising and it will be hot in the Alps.

I didn't read everything, my podium prediction. Bernal, Kruijswijk, Pinot. Cheers, its a great race

Let's just hope Pinot did a lot of heat training.. I believe temps are rising and it will be hot in the Alps.

Yeah a few buddies did the Etape du Tour yesterday and said it was +40 degrees up there.

That's crazy.

Kwaito .. where has he been? not in good shape it seems. And Moscon?  pfft but hey lets see if they can set the pace this week

Bernal is looking better that Gee as I see it, but i don't know if he has what it takes to lead right now.

What Ineos is missing is Chris Froome to rally the troops.

Based on his previous performances when leading teams think he certainly has what it takes. Behind his politeness he is without doubt very mature and confident for a 22 year old.  Whether he is going to get the chance to lead is another matter; On Ineos' website  he is quoted today to have said that Thomas is the main leader in the team and that they are going to support him. 

The Secret Pro :)

"

Well, we're into the second rest day of the Tour and I don't think I'm alone when I say that I'm completely shattered. Personally I'm $hitting myself at the prospect of the final week - stages 18,19 and 20 in particular."

The Secret Pro :)

"

Well, we're into the second rest day of the Tour and I don't think I'm alone when I say that I'm completely shattered. Personally I'm $hitting myself at the prospect of the final week - stages 18,19 and 20 in particular."

I wonder if we will see some of the sprinters call it quits at the end of today before they reach the ALPS.

Or do they push through the insanity of Stage 18,19 and 20 for the opportunity to win on the Champs Elysees?

Based on his previous performances when leading teams think he certainly has what it takes. Behind his politeness he is without doubt very mature and confident for a 22 year old.  Whether he is going to get the chance to lead is another matter; On Ineos' website  he is quoted today to have said that Thomas is the main leader in the team and that they are going to support him. 

I was more referring to leadership -  i think that is were Chris is missing, even last year I would say he helped G to victory even though he was under performing. I don't think G has the leadership either, he sees Egan as a threat still even though Dave and Portal are saying they still have two cards to play etc, there certainly is not a constructive dynamic between the two, not helped by the like of Sir Wig sticking the knife into this scenario all the time, going on how Egan should have fallen back to help Gee on Sunday etc etc. The Brits are still getting over Cav not starting.

Well, its going to be bloody hot over the next 3 days. Could well result in some drastic decisions by the organisers and the teams. Been an excellent TDF to date and best I suspect is still to come.

Well, its going to be bloody hot over the next 3 days. Could well result in some drastic decisions by the organisers and the teams. Been an excellent TDF to date and best I suspect is still to come.

Shortened stages?

I assume the organizers can do it without any sign-off from the teams with the reason being rider safety. But best to involve the teams to decide by how much to shorten stages if they do plan on it.

Looking at the Giro where an entire climb was cut from the one stage due to risk of avalanche, this seems reasonable given the predicted 40°C temperatures and the fact that there are only two Boertjies riding, so it would be unfair to the rest of the panzies to try and keep up with the two of them that thrive in such heat... :ph34r: 

Shortened stages?

I assume the organizers can do it without any sign-off from the teams with the reason being rider safety. But best to involve the teams to decide by how much to shorten stages if they do plan on it.

Looking at the Giro where an entire climb was cut from the one stage due to risk of avalanche, this seems reasonable given the predicted 40°C temperatures and the fact that there are only two Boertjies riding, so it would be unfair to the rest of the panzies to try and keep up with the two of them that thrive in such heat... :ph34r: 

Some Aussies there also, gets pretty warm where they come from as well. 

I was more referring to leadership -  i think that is were Chris is missing, even last year I would say he helped G to victory even though he was under performing. I don't think G has the leadership either, he sees Egan as a threat still even though Dave and Portal are saying they still have two cards to play etc, there certainly is not a constructive dynamic between the two, not helped by the like of Sir Wig sticking the knife into this scenario all the time, going on how Egan should have fallen back to help Gee on Sunday etc etc. The Brits are still getting over Cav not starting.

For sure they are missing Chris. I think the whole Tour is raced differently because of him not being there . TJ van Gardenen basically confirmed this during his appearance as a guess on The Move. I also think that G seems  a bit too laid back as a person to really take full control when required

Archived