Makro Cannondale

Eugene

It is from a bike shop .... and bike has apparently also been serviced by them prior to sale (not that i would be able to tell if it was )

they shouldnt need to service a new bike off the shop floor .. they usually offer 2 free services after your purchase with a new bike .. if they dont phone linden cycles speak to Joneene and see what she can sort u ,, tell her u willing to buy the silverback for X and can she better it .. and they usually give u a 2 free service card .

Edited by ThePubSA

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s a second hand 2016 Silverback ....with air shock and tubeless

Edited by Spanny

It’s a second hand 2016 Silverback ....with air shock and tubeless

ok that explains the service .. idk 2nd hand lots around .. u want new ? either phone linden/solomons or buy the dale . linden also sell 2nd hand bikes ...

Thanks for posting the photos. This looks like it will be a perfect replacement for my daily commuter bike. My old Cannondale F7 has served me loyally for the last 9 years, but it's time for a new one to last me for my last 5 odd years before possibly retiring after what then will be 40 years at Sasol. Yesterday I was 35 years at Sasol...... :eek:  I have been cycling to work and back (currently) for about 30 years now, and for the price of possibly a single car installment, I can continue saving on fuel expenses.

Wow 30 years, that's amazing!

So, I went down to Makro in toti after coming across this thread. I am keen to get my Mrs one of these bikes, trail 5, as they offer quite a bit of bang for your buck and if she doesn’t quite enjoy riding ( which is highly possible ) I haven’t broken the bank.

It is VERY well specced for the price and I would have taken one had they had the right size which is a small... the guys on the floor are clueless and could not tell me weather or not they will have any different sizes coming in - in fact they could tell me anything... anyway, having gone through many bikes over the years, the trail 5 is an excellent entry level option for the price. If anybody can advise on if they know what sizes will be available and where, please let me know!!

Makro Springfield seem pretty jacked, but most of the 20 bikes they received have been reserved or sold. My wife picked up a trail 5 for herself earlier today. It's boxed, so I'll be building tonight  :clap:

Makro Springfield seem pretty jacked, but most of the 20 bikes they received have been reserved or sold. My wife picked up a trail 5 for herself earlier today. It's boxed, so I'll be building tonight 

What size did you get her?

Failed to spot the "Makrodales" in Bloemfontein...  As usual, I'm guessing we'll be left out of the loop!

Not that I care anymore...  Found a second hand bike in the classifieds with better specs for cheaper that satisfies my urge to commute!

She got herself a medium. Seems pretty decent for the price point.

Thanks - Want to get one for my daughter - she is between a medium and a large.