Why PYGA Industries... why?

Hello Ruan

I thought this was a secret.

That has, afaik, been a super big goal for Pat and his team right from the start. Don't know how close to seeing it being realised they are but it would be rad if they got that off the ground.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said, a Cayenne will never be a Porsche to me, its just a glorified Audi which is a glorified VW. But it was entirely necessary for Porsche to offer these vehicles in order to stay relevant.

I dont think we can blame Pyga for going the route they have, its a business progression and even though we have this idealistic view that they are sitting at Pyga HQ discussing gnarly singletrack, fact of the matter is they are planning their business offering for the years to come.

Kudo's to them.

• 4 months later...

My mate spoke to Pyga last week and there are indications they will be doing manufacturing of Alu frames in SA in the future, no idea on pricing, but it is good news.

That has, afaik, been a super big goal for Pat and his team right from the start. Don't know how close to seeing it being realised they are but it would be rad if they got that off the ground.

They are very close.... 

Stefmeister...in no way ever would I give Santa Cruz a hallpass. Dont think that. I was merely using it as a benchmark. They seem to be the defacto uber mountain bike...and to pay nearly the same if not more for a brand like Pyga is where I was aiming my argument.

So uhm retail price for Pyga frame is in region of R40k, for SC its >R60k.... 

Pyga has 5 yr warranty, SC has life time

Now if Pyga could grab a page out of the Guerrilla Gravity in-house carbon manufacturing...

That said: I could do with an alu Pyga160 in my shed.

So uhm retail price for Pyga frame is in region of R40k, for SC its >R60k.... 

Pyga has 5 yr warranty, SC has life time

When I last looked the Pyga was closer to R50k than R40k. 

When I last looked the Pyga was closer to R50k than R40k.

Go check again... they are still R40k were as other brands have jumped up from the mid R50k to mid R60k now for frames

A little birdie also told me that there might be a completely new manufacturing process for the carbon bike that will do away with a lot of the wastage. :whistling: 

A little birdie also told me that there might be a completely new manufacturing process for the carbon bike that will do away with a lot of the wastage. :whistling:

does your little birdie make videos for pinkbike?

does your little birdie make videos for pinkbike?

Will be made by a local, high end fabricator. Nice workshop they have i must say.

Not PB, my birdie is lets say more of a horse ;).

It does sound like there are similar processes involved. What I did find interesting is that unlike conventional carbon frame manufacturing the new frames will be rideable from the first one out the mold. If memory serves there will be no bladders/foam involved and mold pressures will be higher.

Edit : as for the manufacturer I here they make some very nice goodies for another form of two wheeled transport.

Edited by Spoke101

Don't really care wether it is carbon or alluminium, I am keen on an Pyga as my next steed. Love the Hyrax's looks and the fact that its a Saffa brand makes it more appealing. If the price can come down a bit (ok a lot)... BARGAIN!