Intervals.icu interval detection and training tool

David, chapeau sir!! you have done a mighty fine job. ...

edit- what'd be nice is to see heart rate min/max for intervals. not sure why, it'd be interesting to me. not sure of benefit though

Tx. You can see min and max HR for intervals. Click the "Fields" drop down under the ride timeline chart (main activity view) and select "Min HR" and "Max HR". Same thing works on the "Interval Data" page. The pages will remember your settings.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Strava have changed the way auth for apps is handled. Supposedly all existing intervals.icu users should be ok but if anyone runs into problems (e.g. 404 errors loading new activities or syncing existing ones) please let me know asap on david.tinker@gmail.com.

Also try logging out (from https://intervals.icu/settings) and logging in again. Its very quick if you are already logged in to Strava.

Edited by davidtinker

Tx. Could you please mail me (david.tinker@gmail.com) a link to that activity in intervals.icu so I can have a look?

The algorithm does try to join work intervals separated by "short" recovery intervals but I need to do some more work in that area. Generally intervals that are varied are a challenge vs square ones. 

I probably need to add a combine option as you suggest. I can track how often it gets used to judge the success or otherwise of the algorithm.

Here's an example.  This was last night, I did ERG mode intervals on my kickr.  Only issue is that every now and then the kickr loses connection to my garmin, causing a temporary dip.  Look at interval #4.  It's a 8 minute interval @ 290W, but it only picked up the last 6min50 because there was a short dip after the first 1min10s.

post-14749-0-40124700-1540272580_thumb.jpg

PS this is not intended as criticism, I like the "product".  Just posting some data if you'd want to evolve your algorithms.

Edited by rudi-h

Here's an example.  This was last night, I did ERG mode intervals on my kickr.  Only issue is that every now and then the kickr loses connection to my garmin, causing a temporary dip.  Look at interval #4.  It's a 8 minute interval @ 290W, but it only picked up the last 6min50 because there was a short dip after the first 1min10s.

attachicon.gifintervals.JPG

PS this is not intended as criticism, I like the "product".  Just posting some data if you'd want to evolve your algorithms.

Tx a stack for this. I am definitely looking for feedback! I had a look at that one and the power dropouts are zeros whereas other power files I have looked at have "nulls" instead of zero. Nulls are easy to compensate for. I need to figure out how to handle the zeros. The absolute sudden drops from 280 to zero is probably something I can work with.

I am going to be doing some more work on intervals.icu wed evening.

Intervals.icu now downloads activity data from Strava in the background using "spare" rate limit. So activities listed as "queued" on the activity calendar are likely to have been analysed by the next time you visit. This is great for the fitness chart which requires a lot of data.

Edited by davidtinker

Intervals.icu now supports displaying average, max and min speed for each interval on the ride timeline chart and the interval data table. Just click "Fields" and add what you would like to see.

A new interval search feature will be landing soon to make it easier to compare interval sessions.

Tx. The interval search chart now supports displaying crank torque on the y-axis instead of power.

Edited by davidtinker

Intervals.icu now supports searching for intervals based on intensity i.e. the average power for the interval as a percentage of your FTP at that time. So you can enter 100% in the power field and find all your threshold intervals.

post-5083-0-61153700-1541480238_thumb.jpg

is the form/fit/fatigue graph page working currently, mine doesnt display any data

post-2678-0-80756100-1541752395_thumb.png

Edited by avatar

is the form/fit/fatigue graph page working currently, mine doesnt display any data

Yes it is working. You probably don't have an FTP set. I need to add a check for that for new users before analysing all their rides. If you go to intervals.icu/settings and capture your FTP I will trigger a re-analysis of your rides tonight.

Not having FTP set will also make a mess of the interval detection. I had better get on the "new user" feature.