Intervals.icu interval detection and training tool

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

David - a question please:

I had rides loaded to my Strava account from the UAE camp as I used my Garmin to test and then gave to a rider as his was faulty. This has automatically synced to my Strava via GC.

I have deleted the files off strava but they still stuck on my intervals ICU account no matter how many times I refresh etc. 

How do I delete these cause honestly Im not doing 20min @ 6.5wkg...

you need to warn your coach to not use that data when working out your new training plan!! :eek:

That the part I’m afraid of, can’t even do 5s at that

Ha ha :) Intervals should get a delete notification from Strava and nuke the rides. I will look into it. Otherwise I need to add a manual delete option.

David - a question please:

I had rides loaded to my Strava account from the UAE camp as I used my Garmin to test and then gave to a rider as his was faulty. This has automatically synced to my Strava via GC.

I have deleted the files off strava but they still stuck on my intervals ICU account no matter how many times I refresh etc. 

How do I delete these cause honestly Im not doing 20min @ 6.5wkg...

some nice looking intervals there !!! glad I'm not the only person that realizes torque is the key not power

care to share more info on the torque-training topic?  All of the training systems that i know of (trainer road, training peaks etc.) strictly work on power output.  id be interested to see how torque comes into the picture.

• 2 weeks later...

I am thinking about putting more effort into promoting Intervals.icu and getting more users now that its been in "public beta" on Bike Hub for a while. Is there anything you guys think I really should fix/do first? I wouldn't want to lose 50% of potential users due to some stupid bug.

I am still working on power modelling and should have some "looks like your FTP went up on this ride" stuff live soon as well as W'bal charts etc. 

Of course I am not sure if all of this is ever going to make me strong enough to handle $ group in the races!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi David

Tried adding in intervals as it did't pick them up and wouldn't work so then held down ctrl (I think) and it added a whole bunch but now it won't let me reset. This is the error that pops up on the top of the screen when i try reset.

org.springframework.web.method.annotation.MethodArgumentTypeMismatchException: Failed to convert value of type 'java.lang.String' to required type 'int'; nested exception is java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "2147778150"

Edited by BikeisLife

Tx for the report. I will be able to have a look at this tomorrow morning. In the mean while you could try "Sync with Strava" for that activity. That might well sort things out.

Tried adding in intervals ..

I think I have fixed the bug. Please give it a try. Recent Strava activity IDs no longer fit into a 32 bit int and I had made that mistake in a few places. That means that Strava probably have in excess of 2 billion activities stored!

Hi David

Tried adding in intervals as...

I think I have fixed the bug. Please give it a try. Recent Strava activity IDs no longer fit into a 32 bit int and I had made that mistake in a few places. That means that Strava probably have in excess of 2 billion activities stored!

Did it take you a LONG time to find to find the solution? :P

• 2 weeks later...

care to share more info on the torque-training topic?  All of the training systems that i know of (trainer road, training peaks etc.) strictly work on power output.  id be interested to see how torque comes into the picture.

Its about looking at your racing files and seeing what the torque value was at critical sections. then matching that torque in training.

Of course if you have an InfoCrank, like me, you can see the torque value on the phone app whilst riding, obviously on the IDT.

For example when I ride a pursuit on the track, I can see from my race file my torque value as being 40nM, at 115rpm. So I emulate that value on my indoor trainer, but riding with different cadence values, ie 60/80/90/100/110 etc This allows for more precise training stimulus as I am focusing directly on that particular torque value, but with different heart rates. higher the cadence the higher the heart rate.

if you are able to go on the road and ride at exactly the same cadence and power output as the critical race section mentioned above then just do that. Only problem is then you only see after downloading the file where the values are, whereas with the InfoCrank and App you see in real time.

This is based on my own personal views and experience

With this kind of genius coding talent you should be working for Google or Facebook :D

If you are going to make improvements and fix bugs then the one thing I noticed is that on the power curve display the curve lines are covered by the estimated values box. Can the box be moved to the right off the graph lines?

See screen shot.

post-1407-0-80290200-1551690712_thumb.jpg

Tx for the bug report and compliments! The legend now goes under the chart if there isn't enough space on the chart itself. If I put on on the right it gets in the way of moving the marker.

I am doing quite a bit of bug fixing at the moment. I added some instrumentation to notify me of client side errors and there are a few!