Intervals.icu interval detection and training tool

If you have any ideas for more features, I'd love to see you eventually get the training zones from Joe Friels (https://www.joefrielsblog.com/2015/12/managing-training-using-tsb.html ) could deposit in the fitness area.

Thanks! Always keen for new feature ideas. That article is quite interesting and I will certainly look at implementing something like that. I suspect Xerts "training pacer" is TSB arranged into zones in a similar way.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have any ideas for more features, I'd love to see you eventually get the training zones from Joe Friels (https://www.joefrielsblog.com/2015/12/managing-training-using-tsb.html ) could deposit in the fitness area.

I have had a first shot at implementing this and I think the whole fitness chart is a lot more useful and easier to read as a result. Tx.

post-5083-0-29391900-1558066530_thumb.png

I have had a first shot at implementing this and I think the whole fitness chart is a lot more useful and easier to read as a result. Tx.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2019-05-17 at 06.13.47.png

This is fabulous, David! Thank you.

I was always wondering if my fatigue was too high but your new addition shows that while I did skate perilously close to the red, I didn't cross it and went into a rest phase perfectly for me.

Thanks David, starting to look good and makes for easy viewing online.

You progressing much with HRV?

Thanks David, starting to look good and makes for easy viewing online.

You progressing much with HRV?

Thanks. What do you mean by "HRV"? People have different understandings of the term.

Thanks. What do you mean by "HRV"? People have different understandings of the term.

Briefly discussed previously - heart rate variable

Hi David,

Thanks again, that you deposited the "Managing Training Using TSB by Joe Friel" so fast in Intervals.icu.
I think your tool is great.

I used my round button on the Garmin very closely. If I now look at the data in intervals.icu, the intervals are recognized, but they do not exactly correspond to my rounds of Strava, see screenshots.

Have you ever thought of an option to disable the Intervals.icu detection and only show the Laps of Garmin?
As an option, it would be very helpful.

I look forward to your feedback

Best regards

Michael 

post-146135-0-94909000-1558337184_thumb.png

post-146135-0-68443600-1558337240_thumb.png

What I would really like is to get the detection good enough to not mess up intervals like yours. Those sharp spikes at the beginning of each one are the problem.

I will look at adding a "detect from laps" option. Not hard, just an admission of failure but better than making you edit all of them.

What I would really like is to get the detection good enough to not mess up intervals like yours. Those sharp spikes at the beginning of each one are the problem.

I will look at adding a "detect from laps" option. Not hard, just an admission of failure but better than making you edit all of them.

that sounds good, thank you

Have a look now. There is a "Use Laps" button under the ride timeline chart. It still does some analysis on the laps to see which ones look like intervals (is power high enough relative to FTP and duration?). I often use the lap button to watch avg power for lap when riding Z2 to make sure I don't sneak into Z3. Don't want that to be an interval.

Edited by davidtinker

Have a look now. There is a "Use Laps" button under the ride timeline chart. It still does some analysis on the laps to see which ones look like intervals (is power high enough relative to FTP and duration?). I often use the lap button to watch avg power for lap when riding Z2 to make sure I don't sneak into Z3. Don't want that to be an interval.

looks very clean now. Thank you.

May I ask, what are you planning to do next?

post-146135-0-39746900-1558512010_thumb.png

Tx. I am working on FTP and W' estimation from random hard efforts in rides rather than actual tests. The FTP estimation Intervals.icu has now works very well only if you have done max 5s, 2-3m and 10+m efforts within a week or so. I have learned a lot more about this problem over the past few weeks (from Alex from FastFitness.Tips) and other sources.

Edited by davidtinker

Just wanted to pop in here to congratulate you David on an awesome fitness tool! :clap:

I've only joined today and I am so disappointed that I didn't join earlier. I got an EXCEL spreadsheet a while back to track my CTL,ATL etc but it was a massive manual mission to keep it up to date. Your tool just works!  :thumbup:

Good luck with all your future plans for the tool. I hope you get to monetize this somehow, even if you need to sell some advert space on the side or something else, I can live with that.;)

Tx a stack! I have made good progress with improving FTP estimation over time, expect to get some more of that live this weekend. As always suggestions for improvements welcome.

How does your fitness graph compare or differ from Elevate, I'm looking at your fitness trend and it reads about 9% lower than what I see on Elevate.

I prefer yours BTW

Edited by madmarc