Giro d'Italia 2019

ScottCM

• Replies 764
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the wind isn't blowing on stage 10 and 11.. sjoe..... but then all hell breaks loose from stage 12.

I couldn't find a start list as yet.... Some good form going in for Fuglsang and a few others. How is the shark looking after Sunday?

Haven't seen much of Simon Yates, Zakarin, Majka....

Roglic seems to be carrying good form.

One thing for sure is that 'Ineos' doesn't roll off the tongue as well as 'Sky'... Will they maintain their lofty heights or is their head in the clouds?! (sorry)

Ideal top 5 for me, not too fussed if the order is slightly different:

ROGLIC

FUGLSANG(Or MA Lopez if Jakob isn't riding)

DUMOULIN

WOODS

BERNAL

had a quick squizz at betting sites. does anyone here actually play in this space?

https://www.bet365.com/#/AC/B38/C20631162/D1/E40617585/F2/

now they only really giving a chance (in order) to:

TomD

Yates

Roglicz

Bernal

Nibbles/Landa/Lopez are outsiders at less than 10%

then a huge gap down the field.

some real value at

Valverde 150/1

Chaves 300/1

Woods 400/1

Bernal is my pick for GC.

hmmm. I have two reservations here.

a)don't think Sky. ineos Brailsford is sending the troops to support him. if he does well he will have to do it without the usual skyborgs/ineostars brailsford bashers

b)there's ~60km of ITT. While some of it is hillyish, I think this puts the ball in TomD/Roglicz' court.

but yeah, go Bernal would be great to see him going for it.

stage-9-profile.jpg?04

The Giro.... anyones guess and no ones game. 

I don't think there is a single rider who looks at that route and says 'this really suits me'.

I can't see Fuglesang going. Which seems a shame due to his form, but maybe he is a tad fatigued after being on the podium of every single one day race he has ridden this year!

had a quick squizz at betting sites. does anyone here actually play in this space?

https://www.bet365.com/#/AC/B38/C20631162/D1/E40617585/F2/

now they only really giving a chance (in order) to:

TomD

Yates

Roglicz

Bernal

Nibbles/Landa/Lopez are outsiders at less than 10%

then a huge gap down the field.

some real value at

Valverde 150/1

Chaves 300/1

Woods 400/1

hmmm. I have two reservations here.

a)don't think Sky. ineos Brailsford is sending the troops to support him. if he does well he will have to do it without the usual skyborgs/ineostars brailsford bashers

b)there's ~60km of ITT. While some of it is hillyish, I think this puts the ball in TomD/Roglicz' court.

but yeah, go Bernal would be great to see him going for it.

stage-9-profile.jpg?04

Yip, the heavy artillery of Sky/Ineos ( Rowe, Kwiatkowski etc) is going to the TdF to help Froome while the Giro squad will be very inexperienced.  

Bernal will have two of the most talented riders in the world (Sosa and Sivakov) in his team but they are both only 21 while the other up and coming star ( Hart) is only 24. Bernal himself is only 22.

But then again, Egan will have the steady hand (fist) of Moscon (25) to help steer the ship, so who knows  :D   

Yip, the heavy artillery of Sky/Ineos ( Rowe, Kwiatkowski etc) is going to the TdF to help Froome while the Giro squad will be very inexperienced.  

(SNIP)

Have they made any pronouncement as to their team structure for TDF yet? Or are they keeping their options open ending up again with the Dual Leadership of Froome and Thomas and see who finishes on top between the two?

Have they made any pronouncement as to their team structure for TDF yet? Or are they keeping their options open ending up again with the Dual Leadership of Froome and Thomas and see who finishes on top between the two?

'dual leadership'....... 

I am just reminded of the T-Mobile days when Druggy Mcdrugpants Vino was 'joint leader' with Ulrich, but had no support and just attacked and attacked and attacked solo until all his bandages fell off and he was able to beat Leipheimer on one of the craziest days I can remember at the TDF.

If having 'joint leaders' brings that sort of racing out, I'm all for it!

I should have typed "to help Froome/Thomas" as they will be dual leaders (on paper at least) .

Personally I doubt whether Thomas will be able to keep up with a well - rested Chris Froome but that is another debate.

Are you allowed to pick someone from any team other than UAE?

We not sending a GC team, but I made this call over who is going.

I should have typed "to help Froome/Thomas" as they will be dual leaders (on paper at least) .

Personally I doubt whether Thomas will be able to keep up with a well - rested Chris Froome but that is another debate.

Yep, Froome Dawg is coming hard for the TDF this year me thinks... Gee is gonna have to bring his A-Game and hope for some luck. But time will tell...

Has G lost the extra weight yet.. he was looking well rested the last time I paid attention to him.

We not sending a GC team, but I made this call over who is going.

Gaveria riding TDF?

Archived