True or Fake? Cyclist with knife stuck in skull (Warning: Graphic Image)

Allrounder

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi peeps

saw this on FB, so it must be true!!

Can anyone confirm?

True, my wife is a Doc at the hospital where he came in (Helderberg). She was there when he came in and took some of those pics... He has been transferred to Tygerberg.

PS. He was commuting, not cycling for exercise, that is why he is dressed like that.

Oh, and just as an aside - everyone is worked up about this because it was a cyclist - this is not even close to the most hectic thing she sees coming through those doors on a regular basis (just talking about violence/muggings/attacks). We are most of the time completely oblivious to the level of violence that happens right under our noses.

Edited by Grease_Monkey

cause the blade on the x-ray has more girth and larger handle than the other photo

yeah but phones distort images really badly.

okay it happened , but i woulnt believe anything regarding the incident reported on social media

What specifically do you not believe? Do you have other information?

-- That it was the same spot as a ex World Champion cyclist attacked last week with his cycling partner in hospital?

--- That it happened between Strand and Gordons Bay?

-- That the victim was cycling to work?

-- That the victim is a waiter at a local Shushi Restaurant?

-- That the victim went to the Dr's rooms in the same center as the restaurant? (2 doors away)

-- That he is in hospital?

I don't see anything else reported? Without any further information to offer, your post is pointless.

The pic shows the knife in the lhs of the skull. The xray is showing the rhs of the skull.

Doesn't add up

Yip, your inability to discern which side the x-ray is showing apparently. . .

okay it happened , but i woulnt believe anything regarding the incident reported on social media

Not all reports on social media are incorrect. Some are actually true, you just have to be able to fathom which one is which. Generally when you come here and a fellow Hub member confirms the story as his wife was one of the doctors in attendance, you should then surely be able to decided that this is more than likely the truth?

if you are reading news on social media sorry for your IQ having to sift through what is wrong and what is right. Facebook is social media not news media

Even from news reporters you need to read multiple sources because they all have an agenda.