The Veganism Thread

Odinson

Lol, this article on veganic farming is so absurd as to be quite funny, but this is how brainwashed vegans have become as to suck up this kinda sh1te!

Reality check vegans, there are 7 billion of us on this planet, unless there is large scale industrial agriculture we are all going to starve to death (but this is not such a bad thing considering humans are a plague on earth and our numbers need to be thinned out a bit).

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, this article on veganic farming is so absurd as to be quite funny, but this is how brainwashed vegans have become as to suck up this kinda sh1te!

Reality check vegans, there are 7 billion of us on this planet, unless there is large scale industrial agriculture we are all going to starve to death (but this is not such a bad thing considering humans are a plague on earth and our numbers need to be thinned out a bit).

It's so easy to stereotype a group of people you don't agree with... I happen to know a fair number of vegans that are extremely well educated and logic based thinkers.

It would be as easy to say "brain washed meat eaters causing unnecessary and irreparable damage to the earth with their myopic views on excessive excessive meat consumption".

But that wouldn't be fair stereotype either.

The world would be a better and more constructive place without the automatic us versus them goto.

As always the answer is probably somewhere in the middle. Here in Denmark recycling, waste reduction, environmentally based consumer choices, reduced dependence on fossil fuels are all standard. In SA they're not. Of course economics play a part but there are many things the average man in the street can do but doesn't.

Recycling helps, my wife and I recycle everything that we can, avoid buying items in plastic etc.

Still she gets in her car to go to work every day and I do the same, sure its a lack of public transport to blame its still what happens.

I travel fairly often for work too, I see they have started including the amount of carbon emissions your flight will use per passenger on the tickets now.travel.

My last return flight from EL-JHB and back produced just over 300kg's of carbon emission, which is pretty damn scary!

Recycling helps, my wife and I recycle everything that we can, avoid buying items in plastic etc.

Still she gets in her car to go to work every day and I do the same, sure its a lack of public transport to blame its still what happens.

I travel fairly often for work too, I see they have started including the amount of carbon emissions your flight will use per passenger on the tickets now.travel.

My last return flight from EL-JHB and back produced just over 300kg's of carbon emission, which is pretty damn scary!

I agree with you - modern middle income lifestyles are carbon heavy and there is little we can do on the "macro factors". I figure we owe it to our children (or other people's children) to try and knacker the planet as little as possible in the hopes that enough people will realise there is a problem before the problem resolves itself!

It's so easy to stereotype a group of people you don't agree with... I happen to know a fair number of vegans that are extremely well educated and logic based thinkers.

It would be as easy to say "brain washed meat eaters causing unnecessary and irreparable damage to the earth with their myopic views on excessive excessive meat consumption".

But that wouldn't be fair stereotype either.

The world would be a better and more constructive place without the automatic us versus them goto.

The amount of Vegan bashing is frankly astounding. Just go look at this completely unrelated thread.

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/183115-any-hub-experts/

I agree with you Eldron - Generalisations and stereotyping dont really do the world much good. 

Even in this thread, it has moved so far away from healthy debate and education into playing the man and not the ball, that it no longer has much value for me as I try to make sense of a world with conflicting information - and thats from both sides of the fence.

Its a shame - I enjoyed the discussions in the beginning.

The amount of Vegan bashing is frankly astounding. Just go look at this completely unrelated thread.

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/183115-any-hub-experts/

I agree with you Eldron - Generalisations and stereotyping dont really do the world much good.

Even in this thread, it has moved so far away from healthy debate and education into playing the man and not the ball, that it no longer has much value for me as I try to make sense of a world with conflicting information - and thats from both sides of the fence.

Its a shame - I enjoyed the discussions in the beginning.

As someone who tries, but does not always succeed, at being entirely rational when it comes to conflicting data, there always comes a point where emotion oozes out from under its rock and people get defensive and then there are ads for hominems.

But the bottom line is that educating yourself with as open a mind as possible, and not taking yourself to seriously, generally gets you at least half way to the truth.

(Unless you are in NZ, of course, where you are never halfway to anywhere of import, unless it's Mordor.)

Edited by Thor Buttox

The amount of Vegan bashing is frankly astounding. ................

.........but the vegans are just getting a little stroke with a feather compared to the baseball bat to the head that the trophy hunters get..... :ph34r:

.........but the vegans are just getting a little stroke with a feather compared to the baseball bat to the head that the trophy hunters get..... :ph34r:

like I said. Both sides of the fence.

But I agree, I think a greater measure of tolerance is needed from both sides of this argument. :)

Regarding the vegan bashing of late on the hub, I think it’s concerning. Even if it’s just done as a joke, it has the ability to engender, perpetuate and enforce stereotyping of a diverse community of people. Like I’ve said before, it’s a common technique - taint the messenger and you taint the message. I can take a joke, but some people can’t separate something said in jest with reality.

I think a lot of it is also down to how pervasive and pressing the need for a move away animal exploitation is becoming.

Regarding the vegan bashing of late on the hub, I think it’s concerning. Even if it’s just done as a joke, it has the ability to engender, perpetuate and enforce stereotyping of a diverse community of people. Like I’ve said before, it’s a common technique - taint the messenger and you taint the message. I can take a joke, but some people can’t separate something said in jest with reality.

I think a lot of it is also down to how pervasive and pressing the need for a move away animal exploitation is becoming.

My favourite is people who purposefully go to vegan threads to tell vegans they're wrong and to stop forcing their opinions down omnivores throats.

The meat pics, memes and ohhh I loooove a chop on a braai statements add that extra bit of spice to the hypocrisy.

My favourite is people who purposefully go to vegan threads to tell vegans they're wrong and to stop forcing their opinions down omnivores throats.

The meat pics, memes and ohhh I loooove a chop on a braai statements add that extra bit of spice to the hypocrisy.

It’s ironic in that the vegan trope of “how do you know someone is vegan...” is being repurposed on here to “how do you know someone is triggered by veganism”, as it is constantly being brought up on random threads by non-vegans. It’s not helpful and it’s unnecessary.

It’s ironic in that the vegan trope of “how do you know someone is vegan...” is being repurposed on here to “how do you know someone is triggered by veganism”, as it is constantly being brought up on random threads by non-vegans. It’s not helpful and it’s unnecessary.

Is Friday a good day to draw parallels between toxic masculinity, fragile male egos, overcompensation and bragging about how much meat you eat? :-)

Is Friday a good day to draw parallels between toxic masculinity, fragile male egos, overcompensation and bragging about how much meat you eat? :-)

Google search:

boasting about eating meat - 3.1m results

boasting about eating vegetables - 23.3m results

:D

It's so awesome that the fragile males are now in the minority

Edited by 100Tours