[Event] Around The Pot 100miler

Petrichor Adventures

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Think it’s gonne be a misty start.

The mist hang every morning till about 10am.

Swellendam might get a little rain Friday, but out on the route it’s dry with no prediction of rain. (We would appreciate the rain, our crops are in desperate need of it!!)

All and all I think it’s gonne be a great day for cycling the in the Ruens. I don,t think the road is quite as smooth as last year,( but that’s just me thinking of a excuse if I don’t beat my own time of last year)

I’m realy looking forward to a awsome day here on my backdoor.

post-101350-0-30671700-1563276660_thumb.jpeg

My wife decided a few weeks ago she wants to do a 100km race. I think Around the Pot 60miler is a good place to start. On the one hand I'm excited that she's starting to show interest in my hobby. This could get really fun in a year or two if she gains a bit of cycling fitness and we can do some proper events together as a team. On the other hand my target of sub 4 is now a target of sub 7 and my gat is already hating me..

I had the same, got her to Epic2018 and never again :ph34r:  it is nice but now it costs twice as much :cursing:

Fri    4 to 11 degrees  60% chance of rain

Sat   2 to 13 degrees  30% chance of rain

Nice camping weather

:o Oh well, if that's the case, makes for a more adventurous ride!

My wife decided a few weeks ago she wants to do a 100km race. I think Around the Pot 60miler is a good place to start. On the one hand I'm excited that she's starting to show interest in my hobby. This could get really fun in a year or two if she gains a bit of cycling fitness and we can do some proper events together as a team. On the other hand my target of sub 4 is now a target of sub 7 and my gat is already hating me..

you will get bored long before you feel your gat...trust me :blush:  :ph34r: 

You'll start doing other silly things to entertain yourself like practising your wheelies/manuals...jumping obstacles along the route...pondering what else you can improve on your bike for 2 hours long, not to mention you'll become a pro at looking over your right shoulder without the slightest turn of the bars...

I've considered watching series on my phone while on 'wife rides' haha.

she is getting better though...SLOWLY :D

you will get bored long before you feel your gat...trust me :blush: :ph34r:

You'll start doing other silly things to entertain yourself like practising your wheelies/manuals...jumping obstacles along the route...pondering what else you can improve on your bike for 2 hours long, not to mention you'll become a pro at looking over your right shoulder without the slightest turn of the bars...

I tried that move the other day on a short ride where you put your hand on her lower back and push her up a hill..thought that might be a tactic to push for 6 hours instead of 7 hours..the next morning I realized my upper body is completely out of shape and this will not work for 100km! Neck, shoulder, back, bicep, tricep, forearm everything was eina!

you will get bored long before you feel your gat...trust me :blush: :ph34r:

I just ride behind my wife. [emoji108]

I don,t think the road is quite as smooth as last year

Didn't they put a grader on the road like two days before the event last year? Pretty sure that is what they said. I wonder what's the chances of them still doing that before Saturday..

Seemed like there was a little drama at the start when a batch of riders rode into the back of the quad bike pacing the group in the neutral zone - hope everyone is ok ????????

Seemed like there was a little drama at the start when a batch of riders rode into the back of the quad bike pacing the group in the neutral zone - hope everyone is ok

You mean the quad biked parked in middle of road in pitch black? Assume he stopped for the fallen rides to assist them and no one could see the bike. We just missed it luckily , it should have had more lights..

hopefully next year they will wait for sunrise so its bit safer

You mean the quad biked parked in middle of road in pitch black? Assume he stopped for the fallen rides to assist them and no one could see the bike. We just missed it luckily , it should have had more lights..

hopefully next year they will wait for sunrise so its bit safer

I was riding behind the bike when the crash happened. There was a crash in front of the bike and he had no choice to brake/stop. Alot of riders passed the bike in the neutral zone and that is a recipe for disaster.