UCI DH World Cup 2019 Season

Hairy

very true about Loic looking very unfussed while riding. Would be fantastic if it was mostly the suspension, cos then we can all upgrade at some point ;)

But perhaps its the combination of his riding style+the suspension setup. In comparison, Finn was getting heavily bucked in the compresions and rock gardens. I'm assuming the suspension tech and setup guidance is shared between the team mates, which leaves riding style as the main differentiator.

There's another vid of Loic during a training/Fox promo vid. Watch his head during a slalom section: dead still and travelling in  straight line despite the bike and his body riding the snake.

I agree its far more rider than bike. I'm sure the info is shared, but I got the impression from one of Finn's videos that they each had a set up/data acquisition bike. Perhaps its a question of experience - Loic knows what works better than Finn and arrives at a perfect set up for him more easily while Finn is still thatshing around...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes exactly. On TV, Greg said when the conditions changed to wet, he went out carefully as he usually does because of the conditions. He admitted that this was probably the wrong tactic because it leads to lower concentration and crashes. Which is exactly what happened. Makes sense to me.

Agreed. that's more logical.

very true about Loic looking very unfussed while riding. Would be fantastic if it was mostly the suspension, cos then we can all upgrade at some point ;)

But perhaps its the combination of his riding style+the suspension setup. In comparison, Finn was getting heavily bucked in the compresions and rock gardens. I'm assuming the suspension tech and setup guidance is shared between the team mates, which leaves riding style as the main differentiator.

There's another vid of Loic during a training/Fox promo vid. Watch his head during a slalom section: dead still and travelling in  straight line despite the bike and his body riding the snake.

Can someone edit it and put Loic's head on it? :P

Edited by Jacquers

So is this the time to open the different wheel size debate seeing as Pos 1 and 2 was running 29/27.5 front and rear?

Honestly I do not think there is much too it as both Danny and Loic are smaller folks. I know one of Loic's big gripes with 29er was he could not hang over the back as much as his ass would be roasted.

I think this has a lot more to do with bike size/fit to rider than pure speed and rollover obstacles arguments. Sure they have scientific merit.

What are your thoughts?

I agree its far more rider than bike. I'm sure the info is shared, but I got the impression from one of Finn's videos that they each had a set up/data acquisition bike. Perhaps its a question of experience - Loic knows what works better than Finn and arrives at a perfect set up for him more easily while Finn is still thatshing around...

Dont want to bore you with yet another Loris/Jordy VLOG but it gets interesting at the end..

I recon, like Gwin, Loic is a strong kid and pushes back as hard as the bike pushes him. Doesnt get pushed out of shape and off line easily and just looks more composed and less on edge, some of the others were getting rag-dolled by those big G-out compressions.  Luca also rides like this a bit, I think.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/wDcBCfHwE9Y

Edited by Bos

Not sure, but I suspect it will be his last year of riding DH professionally. Maybe he should try EWS?

Well I can tell you that's not gonna happen. He's just signed for another 3 years.

Oh and as for the qualifying crash, he lost time all the way down afterwards because there were some sections that he wasn't prepared to try boost/double with wet muddy gloves/grips.

FAKE NEWS ... a chicken can't fly, but Brrruunnniii can!

Riding like / taking the chicken line is now cool :)

FAKE NEWS ... a chicken can't fly, but Brrruunnniii can!

You shower love on Loic but left him out of your fantasy team - keeping your wad dry were you? 

only had so much to spend, and Mr Minnnn will always be my first choice .... voting with my heart, and not necessarily my head.

if you go back a few seasons you will see I have always been a BBRRRRUUUNNNIIIII supporter :P

You shower love on Loic but left him out of your fantasy team - keeping your wad dry were you?