UCI DH World Cup 2019 Season

Hairy

Not sure it does help, it's not like you can look down at your segments during a race run. At this level the okes go 110% for 100% if they want to win. I don't think there is such a thing as a conservative run that gets on the podium anymore.

Maybe conservative is the wrong word but I think there are tracks where okes see that if you save energy up top and gooi at the bottom you will come out on top

Edited by BaGearA

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe conservative is the wrong word but I think there are tracks where okes see that if you save energy up top and gooi at the bottom you will come out on top

For sure, but I don't think seeing someone else's time helps - just because everyone is going as fast as the possibly can already (on the course as a whole that is).

And then Loic goes and does the opposite ;)

Man, what a race! These Frenchies are raising the game and the rest of the field are left scratching their heads as to how to keep up. 

It seems like the only non-French riders who can consistently compete for a spot on the podium is Brosnan and Hart. 

I had my jaw hanging on the floor when I saw Vergier put five seconds into the hot seat time and then to have Bruni go even one better.

Solid race in the ladies too. Atherton kept in cool 'n collected and took the top spot for that. Hoffman went bananas and had the most entertaining run. Really hoping Cabirou can take a win this season.

Bring on Les Gets!

That was the DH race of the year, perhaps even the last 5 years. 

I'm starting to feel sorry for AG, which means he must be having a really bad time of it. Greg was a bit disappointing. His super controlled approach works sometimes, but as LV, TB and Super Bruni showed, you have to get onto the edge and risk it on a track like this...

That was the DH race of the year, perhaps even the last 5 years. 

I'm starting to feel sorry for AG, which means he must be having a really bad time of it. Greg was a bit disappointing. His super controlled approach works sometimes, but as LV, TB and Super Bruni showed, you have to get onto the edge and risk it on a track like this...

ya hey. all these proto bits on his bike make for great clickbait, but seems he is going backwards. He seemed to do better on smaller wheels and frames :P Less facetiously, he was doing better when he wasn't mucking about as much. Unless that pretty brunette is causing a shift in focus.

and is Tracey Hannah preggars?

ya hey. all these proto bits on his bike make for great clickbait, but seems he is going backwards. He seemed to do better on smaller wheels and frames :P Less facetiously, he was doing better when he wasn't mucking about as much. Unless that pretty brunette is causing a shift in focus.

and is Tracey Hannah preggars?

Pretty brunette? Tracey preggers? 

giphy.gif

I think Gwin may have already mentally checked out of the 2019 season and is now perhaps just focusing on Champs. I think the folks at Intense are getting hella nervous. Gwin DNS'ing, Mullaly couldn't even qualify. At least Moir was able to show he's getting his mojo back and snagged 10th place. 

YT should definitely sign the Denim Destroyer to the Mob. Would be pretty sick. 

Edited by Odinson

Pretty brunette? Tracey preggers? 

brunette: one in the picture, but not in the frame ;) (nBL: old pic, and can't tell if she's the the one seen at Andorra)

IMG_4094-gm802.jpg

Hannah: she's looking abit puffy these days.

and agreed: someone needs to sign up the restauranteer Denim Destroyer. The Boy is cooking!

I love the appreciation the riders at the finish area showed him. Would be vrek funny if Levi's did follow up on Rob's comment that maybe one of the denim labels should sponsor him. I reckon a maker of mobile phones should be second.

Edited by Capricorn

she's looking abit puffy these days.

and agreed: someone needs to sign up the restauranteer Denim Destroyer. The Boy is cooking!

I love the appreciation the riders at the finish area showed him. Would be vrek funny if Levi's did follow up on Rob's comment that maybe one of the denim labels should sponsor him. I reckon a maker of mobile phones should be second.

LOL. Or, they could give their team a bit of love. Pottie's team, if I remember correctly. And I didn't. 

Edited by Captain Fatbastard Mayhem

You remember incorrectly.

Potties team is Erik Irmisch, Pottie, Trummer. And they ride YT with RS suspension. That oke is on a Commencal with Ohlins.

Exactamundo! 

Team Racing Dudes, which I believe is not a registered trade team, so they're basically one step above privateers in that they get some sponsor support, but they're still below a full factory team. 

You remember incorrectly.

Potties team is Erik Irmisch, Pottie, Trummer. And they ride YT with RS suspension. That oke is on a Commencal with Ohlins.

I blame monday. 

Thanks, D.