For the aviation fans

Lotus

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Turkish Air Force Airbus A400M. Think there is another coming into CT tonight.

Ai, I wish I was closer to see it better. This explains why I thought it looked more like a C17 than an IL76.

So we(SAAT) have been on forced leave since 23rd March. We only received 50% of our salary last month(leave) and the other 50% was forfeited(not by choice). We won't be getting any salary until further notice. Technical will probably be going into business rescue soon. It seems we will be following SAA into the grave. I came into work today to check things out and do some preservations as I am still 100% committed to my job. The unions are telling us we will possibly only return to work September as most of the airlines have chosen not to fly until they can get full load factors. that is if we are still around. 

Deep down I am hoping there will be something positive and once this lockdown story is done we can get going and all will be ok.

I did have leave planned for April and a holiday which had to be cancelled anyway.

Stay safe everyone, cheers for now.

Sterkte LWB. The world is in uncharted territory and the aviation sector is no exception. We must keep good faith that this too will end and there will be life after Covid-19. For now, hang in there and stay positive. 

Turkish Air Force Airbus A400M. Think there is another coming into CT tonight.

Just curious: What is the Turkish Air Force doing in Cape Town during Covid19 and lockdown?

Know they where seen in Jhb dropping medical supplies and collecting military supplies from Denel.

Just curious: What is the Turkish Air Force doing in Cape Town during Covid19 and lockdown?

Delivering Turkish Delight of course. ;) (Reinmetal has a factory in Somerset West, so probably picking up ammo.)

Delivering Turkish Delight of course. ;) (Reinmetal has a factory in Somerset West, so probably picking up ammo.)

I guess the Kurds can look forward to some incoming ordinance; courtesy of SA  :ph34r:

Know anyone who needs to fly to Durbs?

Contact the PH# or email below

post-182-0-30734600-1588875546_thumb.jpg

I hope i'm not breaking any hub rules... received the a news letter today with this advert

I don't stand to profit or know the person involved

Know anyone who needs to fly to Durbs?

Contact the PH# or email below

attachicon.gifNAC.JPG

I hope i'm not breaking any hub rules... received the a news letter today with this advert

I don't stand to profit or know the person involved

What are the regulations currently regarding private charters, are they allowed to fly in SA?

What are the regulations currently regarding private charters, are they allowed to fly in SA?

Good question, sorry don't know about SA

anyone know whats up with teh strange flight paths in JHB of late ?

We dont normally get planes coming over our house unless there is a storm approaching, but lately it seems the odd plane out of ORT takes off in the southerly direction and does a hard bank Eastwards straight after take off. They are coming very low over my place.

Also the odd fighter jet, that based on the sound, comes in from pretoria (you can hear it from miles away), does a u turn and then heads back.

I did spot a C130 on flightradar though

I heard that we only have 1 x C130 that is functional. Is this true?

anyone know whats up with teh strange flight paths in JHB of late ?

We dont normally get planes coming over our house unless there is a storm approaching, but lately it seems the odd plane out of ORT takes off in the southerly direction and does a hard bank Eastwards straight after take off. They are coming very low over my place.

Also the odd fighter jet, that based on the sound, comes in from pretoria (you can hear it from miles away), does a u turn and then heads back.

Depends on the active runway and where they are heading. Emirates, Qatar, Turksh etc  that head to the NE will bank and turn to the east / left if they take off on 21, others going to Europe and the US will turn west, They probably turn sooner that normal because there is no other traffic.

Unless there is something else up, but I have been keeping a eye flightradar

Edited by kosmonooit