Bike Hub Weight Challenge 2019

I unfortunately only saw this thread yesterday, but am also on a mission this year. Must be some sort of midlife crisis. Started middle of Feb on 104kg, and am down to 89kg now. 4kg to go to target weight. Changed my eating habits completely, no more sugar and actively avoiding unhealthy fats, increased intake of fruit and veg, started exercising during the week. Feel MUCH better (physically and mentally), blood pressure seems to have come down to acceptable levels and my resting HR is also coming down. Dieting does not work for me. Lifestyle change in terms of what I eat and being active worked (and works) for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah nah I'm still stuck at 92kg for the second month. Been eating waaayyy better this month. Pants fit better(Started at a 44 two years ago, now I'm considering swapping my loose 36s for 34s), I feel fitter, quads are starting to show, still pedaling PR's on a regular basis.. so I'm not too worried about the scale this month, I feel good overall... maybe the weight on scale will start dropping again if I just carry on like this.

Could we make it just "weight" please and not "weight loss"

It is as much of a problem for me to put on weight than for many to lose weight.

6'1" at 67kg - need to be minimum of 75kg

My partner has the same problem, since the baby is here it's even got worse, he is down to 66kg, from a better 69/70kg. He is aiming for 72kg. Have you had any success?

Weigh in coming up... Hows everyone doing

My progress is like an old elephant bull crossing the Kruger. Slow and steady progress with the occasional heap of s**t along the way.

Lost another kg this month, but not 10 per month as some of the others.

At least I'm moving in the right direction.

Edited by OldBull

There was a lot of birthday cake and snacks this month... but it looks like I'll be  about 0.5kg down, so about the same weight as end of March :)

Edited by Jacquers

My progress is like an old elephant bull crossing the Kruger. Slow and steady progress with the occasional heap of s**t along the way.

Lost another kg this month, but not 10 per month as some of the others.

At least I'm moving in the right direction.

all the matters is that you are making progress.

I'm chewing on a piece of droewors as I'm typing this..that's how I'm doing.

I have 1 benefit, I work from home and have the luxury and making fresh meals.

Busy making lunch now, veggie stuff so my not interest too many, haha.

Weight has been steadily dropping this year but I'm fearing that the hot streak may be over. I've been hitting the choccies hard this month, no reason, just can't help myself sometimes.

Edit: as expected I lost all gains made this year in one month. Went from record low of 79.8 kg to higher than starting weight 81.4 kg. Not the end of the world I know but will have to reset eating habits again.

Edited by Albatross

The going is tough , i lost a little bit.......it takes dedication and will power not to raid the pantry. I have started to include off the bike training as well. I am shocked how weak i have became over the years of neglect.........    :eek:  :eek:

Slow but surely getting there . Had an average month training and only did 830km . Im painting my house outside ( 520 m2 under roof ) so i take Tuesday and Wednesday off work to paint all day and this i consider training as well especially when i'm up and down a ladder onr on the roof doing preparation work . Im at a stage of my weight lose that i dont really follow my diet any more because im in a low food intake cycle so if i feel like a slice of bread (brown only ) and peanut butter i have it with a cup of tea before bed time . (Tastes good i must say ) . 

post-111826-0-77888600-1559306936_thumb.jpg