Bike Hub Weight Challenge 2019

i need to get the virus i have had since last week thursday...dropped almost 5 kg in a week...sadly it only takes me to 105 :(

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Net zero this month, but confronted a few inconvenient truths about myself. This article helped a ****-ton with some of those issues, but suffice to say that I've been fooling myself this whole fecking time. Whenever I get into a groove I seem to hit the pause button, which just gets me back to square one and in bad habits again. 

@eccc - give this a read. If you, like me, struggle with long term implementation of good dietary practice, you may find it very beneficial for your own journey. 

Ended the month on 97.2kg. With a lot more introspection than I've been giving myself over the past few months, I hope to get to 92kg by the time my birthday rolls in at the end of September, and sub 90 by the time the Jonkers Enduro comes through in early October. 

https://www.precisionnutrition.com/pause-button-mentality

Down 2 kg. 

I eat 2 chicken viannas, 4 provitas with a slice of on each (same size as the provita) at 11:30 in the morning.Then I only eat dinner again. Normal food as usual. No seconds, and no extra rice or potato, even if that extra nice sauce is left over and will be given to the dog. 

No TV snacks, and 1 beer a week. Thats it. nothing in between. Pizza night is still pizza night. 

I also picked up my squash racket after 13 years. (I almost died, and had to take a rest 3 times in the first 45 min to stop the black dots) 

Net zero this month, but confronted a few inconvenient truths about myself. This article helped a ****-ton with some of those issues, but suffice to say that I've been fooling myself this whole fecking time. Whenever I get into a groove I seem to hit the pause button, which just gets me back to square one and in bad habits again. 

@eccc - give this a read. If you, like me, struggle with long term implementation of good dietary practice, you may find it very beneficial for your own journey. 

Ended the month on 97.2kg. With a lot more introspection than I've been giving myself over the past few months, I hope to get to 92kg by the time my birthday rolls in at the end of September, and sub 90 by the time the Jonkers Enduro comes through in early October. 

sometimes you just need a bit of tough love, a gentle nudge in the right direction and bit of new perspective  ;)

giphy.gif

Down by half a kg but not a good month training . I only managed 650 km instead of my target of 800 plus . I find riding about 40km daily plus long rides twice weekly gives me the calorie burn that i need for my food intake . I love a peanut butter slice of brown bread at night with my evening tea before bed . Cold weather seems to have been a factor as i could not get our Cranky old Bastards together for our Saturday long rides ( 80 to 120 km ) I feel the mornings are warmer but the wind is up so we going to have to be selective in the direction we ride on Saturdays . 

I see some of my data i entered were not saved 1/6 and 1/7 ........but its more or less the same maybe 1kg up and down across the 2 months........actually doing good over the winter period and lots of dry wors and biltong , my alcohol consumption took a nose dive.... i feel shitty after only 2 glasses of red wine , sitting here with one mother of a headache after 3 glasses last night..........  :blink:  :wacko:

Been booze free a year. It makes a MASSIVE difference.

You sleep better for starters which then rolls forward to many other benefits.

It's cheaper, too....

But depending on how this month goes, I may extend it. Did a session last year when I went for 3 months without le booze. Was great. 

This is so applicable to me as well. Basically eating too many comfort foods during winter with an eye on "making up" when spring time rolls around...eish!

I stress...i eat...........i stress a lot :) 

Looks like i might have a new goal...so i will have another excuse ...this time to loose weight rather than make excuses why i can't...it involves 90's...just gona leave it at that for now.

• 2 weeks later...

From 88 a few months ago, I went up to 94. Tried intermittent fasting and I lost 4kg in roughly two weeks. Haven't been doing much in the way of exercise, what with family commitments etc, but hoping to get back on track with that soon - I'll probably go back to doing Tae Bo in front of the TV, and see if I can go for the odd run after work.

From 88 a few months ago, I went up to 94. Tried intermittent fasting and I lost 4kg in roughly two weeks. Haven't been doing much in the way of exercise, what with family commitments etc, but hoping to get back on track with that soon - I'll probably go back to doing Tae Bo in front of the TV, and see if I can go for the odd run after work.

If you don`t mind me asking, what type of intermittent fasting did you try? I have also been looking into this to lose a last couple of kg`s, but there are so many options and variations. 

If you don`t mind me asking, what type of intermittent fasting did you try? I have also been looking into this to lose a last couple of kg`s, but there are so many options and variations. 

Breakfast is overrated..