Bike Hub Weight Challenge 2019

i'll weigh on monday... Guessing around 85

but had a terrible time lastweek. Was down with the flu, ate anything in my path... Junk food galore, donuts, chocolate, burgers...

after 3 days I just felt totally sick of it and switched back to what my body enjoys.

My body enjoys the chocolate...donuts and stuff...cant say i have ever enjoyed the healthy food...must be why there are so many fat people...the good stuff just taste like bad stuff ;)

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

at a stage i was just happy to be holding my weight...but instead as we all know muscle is heavier than fat ...and boy can i see the change in my body...clearly the muscle density is weening off and turning to fat ... the worse part everything is starting to hang...feel tired all the time...no motivation to do any thing.

Feeling kinda similar. Don't wait to feel good to hit the gym / exercise, just go do it and you'll feel better already.

Out on the MTB last night for a quick hour of hills. First time in a while as I’ve been road biking mostly over the past few months. I couldn’t believe what a difference the weight loss made to how the hills felt on the MTB. Chuffed

No weight loss for me last month . The crash i had ( broken rib and bone in hand ) really slowed me down . I only managed 500 km on road at a moderate average of 26kph for the total . I tried going off road twice at ERPM track and only managed 1 lap each time as my hand could not handle the bouncing and jarring . With my off time i managed to get my cottage ready as a fully furnished AirB&B to supplement my MTB expenses . 

• 3 weeks later...

Clean parentals arrived yesterday and are staying until the end of the World Cup..this month is going to be tough as hell! Usually when they visit it rotates between braais, takeaways, restaurants and wine farms

I've managed the impossible... Picked up over 7kg since Karoo2Coast!! Inlaws only leaving in a week or two, but I'm pulling the handbrake today. Can't continue like this, my entire body feels in shutdown mode living this lifestyle! Year end goal is now so far out of reach, I'll have to readjust and just try and drop this 7kg again before the end of the year..

I've managed the impossible... Picked up over 7kg since Karoo2Coast!! Inlaws only leaving in a week or two, but I'm pulling the handbrake today. Can't continue like this, my entire body feels in shutdown mode living this lifestyle! Year end goal is now so far out of reach, I'll have to readjust and just try and drop this 7kg again before the end of the year..

I normally find I easy drop 3-4 kg in few days after a binge month... almost like you eat more than you can excrete so your body need few days to catch up again.

You will quickly get rid of that extra few kg as soon as you normalize eating/excursive again .. just make the change to normal again :)

Edited by Karman de Lange

The heaviest I've been was +-89kg, back in 2007. I lost about 14kg during the next year or so and later got down to +-70kg. I've gone down as low as +-63kg, Now I'm at 69kg and aiming for +-65kg or whatever number I'm at when the flab around the middle is gone. The last few kgs are difficult, but skipping breakfast helps, although I'm not sure if the weight difference is just bowel contents from eating less or actual fat loss. Cycling and running definitely helps as well.

Was down to sub 92 a week ago, but post Langkawi celebrations nail me back to 93.

Oh well, 1 month to go :)

Overall feeling good, the weight difference definitely make a difference compared to 24 months ago.

A reasonable month training ,780 km but a lot on the road which i do in the afternoons before 4pm because of traffic . I have had a sweet tooth addiction for about 2 months and have a snack of biscuits , rusks , chelsey bun or even chocolate at bed time . Doing this at between 10 and 11 o clock at night is not conducive to a good eating plan hence the slow weight lose this month . My son ( partner in business ) has more or less put me on more retirement than work as he said he wants to see less of me in the office so i can spend more time riding . I checked my monthly average so far this year and im only on 770 lm per month . I was aiming at 800 km but will i dont think i can make that difference in two months . . 

post-111826-0-53256000-1572636871_thumb.jpg

Edited by FirstV8

• 2 weeks later...

I have come across the OMAD (one meal a day) diet and decided to give it a try.

I started last Monday and I weighed 88.5kg, weighed myself daily and have had very positive results, down 3kg's in a week.  :thumbup:  :clap:

I haven't done anything special in this week, had at least 2lt water per day and ate my meal (ranging from rice and stew, Big Mac meal, crumbed chicken, chips and mixed veg, etc) between 6-7pm every night, I have done no exercise yet, planning on doing some HIIT 3 times a week for 15min.

Let see how it goes.....