Poor service CWC

Serhan

While i appreciate the wahoo having brilliant service im wondering if i can get over the higher pitched whine, this is why it was important for me to demo.

No whine on the latest release kickers...just drive train noise

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reposting because people don't seem to be grasping this

Cyclelab owning CWC had nothing to do with their long standing mechanic building my dream bike like he did.

Not everything is Cyclabs fault.

Ps: Sales guys not knowing their stuff is also something that dates back for a long time. People leaving without being helped also happened since I can remember.

Edited by Patchelicious

Reposting because people don't seem to be grasping this

Cant agree....service has be shitty in store for years.

I buy online from them no problem regularly and that is great.

As for Cyclelab I have generally had good service from them and as recently as December from the service department as well as on the floor

Agree can’t blame Cyclelab take over for poor mechanic job.

Salesman not knowing his stuff that’s terrible again he might only be there for the paycheck.

I walked into many cycleshops and also found that salesman knew nothing about the product he suppose to know and sell to customers.

Eg, called a shop to check stock for tubeless road tyres the dude on the otherside had no clue what I was asking kept on saying he has 29er tubeless.

Cyclelab owning CWC had nothing to do with their long standing mechanic building my dream bike like he did.

Ps: Sales guys not knowing their stuff is also something that dates back for a long time. People leaving without being helped also happened since I can remember.

Cant agree....service has be shitty in store for years.

I buy online from them no problem regularly and that is great.

As for Cyclelab I have generally had good service from them and as recently as December from the service department as well as on the floor

I've only ever bought online.

Since the takeover prices and stock availability have been pathetic to say the least.

So much so that I've changed my preferred online store despite having to pay a little more.

Well after the way they built my Factor, I am never using them again.

Eish... hope they werent the root cause of that chain drop!

I have a GP4000II that was bought from CWC for the DC, its now split from bead to centre of the tread. This has happened before, but the amount of effort it entails and ball ache is not really worth what should be a quick warranty claim. There is no way you can hit something with the bead of the GP4000II and its a known issue.  Ugh admin.

Will wait till Argust specials on GP5000

What did the mechanic do? 

Eish... hope they werent the root cause of that chain drop!

It wasn’t a chain drop. Don’t you read replies?

It was a small chain ring spider bolt that wasn’t tightened. Chain can’t get in there.

Edited by Patchelicious

I can't remember ever seeing a post, let alone a positive one about CWC's workshop ... so I don't really understand the disappointement in the build. LOL

I am sure Cris SNR is was reading the thread this afternoon while he was driving from Meerendal towards Durbaville.

What else would be sooooooo important that you can be on your phone texting while driving?

I too have had terrible service at CWC... before and after the takeover. I've been told that you can't covert a 3x crank to 1x, which I and others have done, been given terrible advice on tyre choice. I recently needed a freehub for a Giant wheel, I've long since found one but am still waiting for CWC to call me back... A month later..

It's sad when you as a home mechanic know more than the in-store ones or the sales people...

It wasn’t a chain drop. Don’t you read replies?

It was a small chain ring spider bolt that wasn’t tightened. Chain can’t get in there.

Sorry to hear, I read what I wanted to read. Bleak