Noise canceling headphones

Patchelicious

There’s a gap in the logic of this comparative review

Surely you should then get the Sony ????

????

Noooo, then he and I will be equal. We are best mates, therefore I must beat him!

Bose 35 < Sony1000 < Bose700 ????

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Noooo, then he and I will be equal. We are best mates, therefore I must beat him!

Bose 35 < Sony1000 < Bose700

Brad-Pitt-Funny-Laughing-Gif.gif

You knew exactly what you were doing didn’t you, you shrinks always get in my head!

• 2 weeks later...

just pulled the plug , pretty excited

I did the same on the same deal a few months back. Really happy with them. Light, Comfy, great sound, ok noise cancelling. At the price they really are magic.

127e1d600c8f24960b5d317497497989.jpg

Not noise canceling but just got me one of these for home. Unbelievable sound from such a “small” unit. Alexa and Google enabled. Using with Spotify and Tune-in Radio, happy as a non-vegan in farm poop!!

So I managed to pick one up last week on a trip at duty free for a decent price. It does sound great, and really fills the room with deep rich sound, although I can honestly say its not that much better than my 7 year old Bose Soundlink II. The Tune-In Radio and Spotify integration are awesome, definitely sets it apart from all my other bluetooth speakers. My one big disappointment is that the Alexa / Google assistant doesn't work in SA, or at least I haven't found a workaround.

I did the same on the same deal a few months back. Really happy with them. Light, Comfy, great sound, ok noise cancelling. At the price they really are magic.

Same here, I love them!

Only thing missing for me is the hardcase, luckily I found one that fit them, so I feel less stressed chucking them in a backpack between flights and drives.

So I managed to pick one up last week on a trip at duty free for a decent price. It does sound great, and really fills the room with deep rich sound, although I can honestly say its not that much better than my 7 year old Bose Soundlink II. The Tune-In Radio and Spotify integration are awesome, definitely sets it apart from all my other bluetooth speakers. My one big disappointment is that the Alexa / Google assistant doesn't work in SA, or at least I haven't found a workaround.

VPN. Connect to the UK from your phone, download Alexa app. Setup. Open the Bose Music App and enable the assistant. Once that’s done and working you can disconnect from VPN and carry on as usual. Once enabled it stays enabled.

***Well that’s what’s I’ve done and it’s works a treat!!

But, to be honest, novelty wears off pretty quick with Alexa. So even if you don’t get around to doing that you not missing out on much IMO.

Same here, I love them!

Only thing missing for me is the hardcase, luckily I found one that fit them, so I feel less stressed chucking them in a backpack between flights and drives.

What case did you get?

just pulled the plug , pretty excited

Ordered them on Friday night and went to pick them at the take-a-lot pick up point on Saturday. Not too impressed I must say. I cant even figure out how to switch the noise cancellation on/off when connected via BT.

Ordered them on Friday night and went to pick them at the take-a-lot pick up point on Saturday. Not too impressed I must say. I cant even figure out how to switch the noise cancellation on/off when connected via BT.

Jip that can be tricky...you have to press the volume rocker at each end the same time...and when you do it with the headphones on and the NC kicks in..its noticeably more quiet ...most likely not at as good as the units more pricier.

Press volume up and down at the same time for several seconds - you can clearly hear the NC going on and off.

I also struggled to figure this out, otherwise they seem pretty cool.