Idiots at the CTCT

Transporter

Ya I think it worked out like that in 1A this year. Last year it has horrible. However I stayed in front 30 of the bunch the whole way so I don't know what went on at the back. Only annoying incident for me was the supertucker and some twit who thought that doing a Verstappen into a closing gap as the road funneled on the descent into Fish Hoek was the move of the year. Otherwise everyone was pretty well behaved. My stress levels due to riders around me was pretty low.

I'm not sure what was up on the Chappies descent or Kommetjie road for that matter. Everyone wanted to ride in the Left hand side gutter when we had the WHOLE road. That's how 3 or 4 riders got away on Kommetjie, they formed an Echelon

We must have finished very close to each other. although I only moved near to the front of the bunch once we got to Kommetjie. Think the group winners only got away up Chapmans Peak, they timed their little breakaway very well.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What were you doing starting in groups with tannies who cant get up Chappies?

Hahahaha  :clap:  :clap:

Had to learn that the hard way, twice... Only managed to hang on by my 3rd Argus..

Ja, same here. I remember, I think it was in 2015 or there around, doing well, feeling strong, working hard and digging deep to stay with the front of the bunch over Smuts. Feeling chuffed with myself I thought I could recover a bit, until I see no one other than our own FRAIL coming down the mountain like fu***ng freight train, dragging probably 30 people behind him. I just couldn't latch on, and had to get onto another smaller group and suffer in the wind. Argus dreams shattered. 

I did get to see Team Dorma Kaba ladies, Amy Beth McDougal and her partner (I think it was Candice Lill) come steaming past me on the Blue Route. Apparently I was looking for parking judging by their speed. That was cool to see.

I suppose they were out training for the Epic.

That's a good point that not a lot of people know about. you think if you go over Smuts with the group that you will be fine, but **** me George, the accelerations and surges down the other side will keep you humble.

Or you feel strong and bomb it at 55km/h on the flats through Misty Cliffs and Scarborough with the SE at your back and think to yourself, "Yeah I'm cut out for this, I should ride with the Elites and Pros". You then turn right over the Ocean View Hill and right onto Kommetjie road and head directly into the mouth of the SE, all of a sudden you're humbled very quickly as you're back to 15km/h on the flats..

I did not have any pre-events in the last year other than Karoo to Coast, which was my worst outing by a very long margin, so I was ranked 6F...

But I have a very good reason for that, and she is almost 10 months old, so I am not too fussed about it... :thumbup: 

But like a typical Stormer's supporter would say, "Check me next year"

Awesome man! Congrats :) 

8a1e5752870c1de98af2a888538c2292.jpg

Would've been cool if you acknowledged the photographers, I know the one below is John Hishen:

http://www.capetownsportphotography.co.za/shop.events/info.php?info=aboutus.php

df5a7bd280bba72b524f2bdd26851bfe.jpg

Just sit on the front. :)

His watermark is on the photo and was done so on insta where watermark got cut off.

The other one was paid for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Pure Savage