Idiots at the CTCT

Transporter

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My stupid story is the antie who decided to unmount while ascending chappies, 300 meters from the top, and then proceeds to move left at a slow amble because she was too tired to pedal, crossing the path of all the oncoming traffic, forcing most to stop because she was moeg...

Lucky I was able to pass to her right.

What were you doing starting in groups with tannies who cant get up Chappies?

Boet that pissed me off, these guys can't hold there line and especially when it comes to small inclines they seem to get dropped by the peleton and keep splitting the peloton in two then me still like an idiot closing the gap only to be burn out

Holding a line? in that wind?

You should anticipate guys moving around a lot more than usual when the wind is up.

No one has eyes in the back of their heads, and you have brakes. And with a little patience you will have passed them in no time.

Absolutely nothing worse than people shouting "Hold your line" seemingly entitled to ride the whole way unhindered.

Absolutely nothing worse than people shouting "Hold your line" seemingly entitled to ride the whole way unhindered.

You actually typed that ???

Holding a line? in that wind?

You should anticipate guys moving around a lot more than usual when the wind is up.

No one has eyes in the back of their heads, and you have brakes. And with a little patience you will have passed them in no time.

Screaming hold the line at the CTCT is about as useful posting something sensical on the Hub.

However, there is a responsibility on all of us when riding in and around others to try to not ride erratically and serve all over the place.

Speaking of idiots at CTCT, how many eBikes did you guys/girls see during the race?

I was running / spectating. Answer is 2, an elderly couple. No doubt in my mind. Giant Mtb e-bikes. Not super discreet ones either. Unfortunately not able to get numbers etc.

it just doesn't add up for me. the world average is supposed to be around 100, right?

so with the top 10 between just 100 and 108, how does it scale with the billion or so Indians with an average of only 80?

The studies used to support these data, however, are controversial. This is in part because they may have considered only specific population groups or a small sample size per country.

I would guess the answer is in the controversy of the test. The average is for 1st world high school educated people.

Most of the world aren't.

That said - I really don't think IQ is a useful test for how well/poorly people ride a bicycle.

That's a good point that not a lot of people know about. you think if you go over Smuts with the group that you will be fine, but **** me George, the accelerations and surges down the other side will keep you humble.

Had to learn that the hard way, twice... Only managed to hang on by my 3rd Argus..

What were you doing starting in groups with tannies who cant get up Chappies?

I did not have any pre-events in the last year other than Karoo to Coast, which was my worst outing by a very long margin, so I was ranked 6F...

But I have a very good reason for that, and she is almost 10 months old, so I am not too fussed about it... :thumbup: 

But like a typical Stormer's supporter would say, "Check me next year"

I'm calling bollocks on that statement

iq-distribution-curve-1.png

A picture, relating to how IQ tests are formulated, from a website that offers free online IQ tests MUST BE TRUE in representing what the average IQ in South Africa is. Makes perfect sense. 

Ya I think it worked out like that in 1A this year. Last year it has horrible. However I stayed in front 30 of the bunch the whole way so I don't know what went on at the back. Only annoying incident for me was the supertucker and some twit who thought that doing a Verstappen into a closing gap as the road funneled on the descent into Fish Hoek was the move of the year. Otherwise everyone was pretty well behaved. My stress levels due to riders around me was pretty low.

I'm not sure what was up on the Chappies descent or Kommetjie road for that matter. Everyone wanted to ride in the Left hand side gutter when we had the WHOLE road. That's how 3 or 4 riders got away on Kommetjie, they formed an Echelon

Yeah 1A was a nice relaxed bunch, even the youngsters were behaving themselves. I felt quite "safe" the whole race, I could easily move up to the front and come back to relax behind Gernort with 18 tours once I was done being hammered by the wind. 

Screaming hold the line at the CTCT is about as useful posting something sensical on the Hub.

However, there is a responsibility on all of us when riding in and around others to try to not ride erratically and serve all over the place.

well that's what happens when you show up to a road race with the SE blowing at 45km/hr with a set of Lightweight Milenstein's with fat carbon spokes.... You get blown all over the road even if you're in the middle of the bunch.

But you know its like Christmas clothes. those wheels only come out once a year so weather be damned they're getting ridden

I did not have any pre-events in the last year other than Karoo to Coast, which was my worst outing by a very long margin, so I was ranked 6F...

But I have a very good reason for that, and she is almost 10 months old, so I am not too fussed about it... :thumbup: 

But like a typical Stormer's supporter would say, "Check me next year"

6E?

:ph34r:

LOL!  I'm damaged goods.  I did the infamous 2009 and 2010 cycle tours, so am so over gambling with what the wind is going to do on the day.  I live in the deep south, so I can ride this route whenever I wish to...without wind and having to pay for it :)

Ja, I hear you. One gets to do the route whenever one wants, but there is a certain amount of fun to be had riding with such a large crowd. I was in the nether half, but had good fun. 

I also got to choose lines normally not available to a bicycle, as that would require cars to make way. My descent of Chappies was case in point. I pretended to be Rossi coming down that hill, placing myself properly on the racing line around corners. Great fun. Luckily, I could do so, as most people I climbed up from Noordhoek with stopped to take the obligatory Chappies pic, which I have tons of already.

I will happily be paying my entry for next year again.