Idiots at the CTCT

Transporter

Unfortunately its true.

Interesting and controversial topic.

Ashkenazy Jews have an average of 115 I seem to recall.

I'm calling bollocks on that statement

iq-distribution-curve-1.png

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't like it then don't ride the CTCT - that was the decision I made after 15 of them and wondering at the end of every one of them why no-one else knows how to ride... There are just too many people on too small a piece of tarmac for my liking. If you think this is all nonsense and everyone in your group rode just fine then you are probably the person who was swerving all over the place and stopping in the middle of the road for no logical reason.

Looking back on my ride on sunday and browsing my and others gopro footage one of my strong feelings is gratitude and relief that im not nursing some horrible injury that has put me off the bike ans thrown my life into disarray.

Its a fairly high risk sport made riskier at an event like the ct tour and i must decide if it's worth it. I replayed the footgae of the guy who went past me 100m shortnof the line almost taking me out. I havent posted it because i screamed embarrassingly and profanely at him but man it was close. Even allowing for the wide angle distortion it was centimeters from my bar. At 35kmph... cyclists around and behind me... hmmmm.

Post it post it post it post it post it post it post it post it post it post it post it post it post it post it post it post it post it post it post it post it post it post it post it post it post it post it post it post it post it post it post it

Dooooooooooooooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttttttt :-) 

So this is only a problem in the wannabe start groups in the middle of the start times list.

They still think they can ride in bunches, further back it is all Mountain bikes and quite safe. 

Awesome but tough ride, makes you appreciate the good weather when it is there, and a reminder not to underestimate the Tour, it needs to be respected!

So this is only a problem in the wannabe start groups in the middle of the start times list.

They still think they can ride in bunches, further back it is all Mountain bikes and quite safe. 

Awesome but tough ride, makes you appreciate the good weather when it is there, and a reminder not to underestimate the Tour, it needs to be respected!

Don't know what race you guys did on Sunday, but my race from 3G was pretty uneventful and dare I say, boring. 

Don't know what race you guys did on Sunday, but my race from 3G was pretty uneventful and dare I say, boring.

Maybe if you put foot it might have brought some excitement into your life

My stupid story is the antie who decided to unmount while ascending chappies, 300 meters from the top, and then proceeds to move left at a slow amble because she was too tired to pedal, crossing the path of all the oncoming traffic, forcing most to stop because she was moeg...

Lucky I was able to pass to her right.

Don't all races have a percentage of muppets out in the crowd? You know they will be there as sure as the sun rises and sets ...so the only way you can avoid them is not to participate...

it just doesn't add up for me. the world average is supposed to be around 100, right?

so with the top 10 between just 100 and 108, how does it scale with the billion or so Indians with an average of only 80?

The studies used to support these data, however, are controversial. This is in part because they may have considered only specific population groups or a small sample size per country.

Good, so we won't be seeing you next year then. Thanks for coming. 

LOL!  I'm damaged goods.  I did the infamous 2009 and 2010 cycle tours, so am so over gambling with what the wind is going to do on the day.  I live in the deep south, so I can ride this route whenever I wish to...without wind and having to pay for it :)

Sigh.... this is what you get when you have the worlds largest collection of timed humans on bicycles.

The one reason I never bothered going all the way to CT for a fun ride

I only really start enjoying the race around Kommetjie... When all the "one-time seeding wonders" and wannabes have been blown off the back up & down Smits (and the most of the dropped okes from earlier groups are too tired to latch onto groups passing them)

That's a good point that not a lot of people know about. you think if you go over Smuts with the group that you will be fine, but **** me George, the accelerations and surges down the other side will keep you humble.

Only 15 or so countries have an average IQ over 100. SA average is 77!

Lord have mercy.