Idiots at the CTCT

Transporter

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

iq-distribution-curve-1.png

The Gaussian Curve is a perfect fit for the Idiots riding the CTCT. They are on the far left given the size of the field. 

Not so much a fit for the Idiots complaining about the CTCT. Einstein is of the opinion they are all losing their minds. 30k odd cyclists are not going to behave differently next year :ph34r:  :ph34r:

A picture, relating to how IQ tests are formulated, from a website that offers free online IQ tests MUST BE TRUE in representing what the average IQ in South Africa is. Makes perfect sense. 

good point, let's rather use this one from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligence_quotient

284px-IQ_distribution.svg.png

Point being it's a bog-standard Gaussian distribution where the mean is centered on 100, AKA a bell curve. There's no way the distribution can be anything but around 100 without being selective, which invalidates the whole argument. Maybe go play in the Ladies on Bikes section, instantly improving the average IQ of both forums.*

*sorry no IQ chat is complete without the oldest joke on the topic, no offense intended! 

iq-distribution-curve-1.png

The Gaussian Curve is a perfect fit for the Idiots riding the CTCT. They are on the far left given the size of the field. 

Not so much a fit for the Idiots complaining about the CTCT. Einstein is of the opinion they are all losing their minds. 30k odd cyclists are not going to behave differently next year :ph34r:  :ph34r:

if you're going to have Einstein and cycling,  then it's quote photo time!

s-l300.jpg

I love how nobody panics when the Savages go to the front. Its sit up and eat a bar time :P

think the guy in orange and green throwing up disagrees [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you're going to have Einstein and cycling,  then it's quote photo time!

s-l300.jpg

Wonder what his STATE of mind was. Relatively clear handlebar ...... looks as if he is a fixie man :thumbup:

check this oke out, does it qualify under the thread title?

54389055_10216443743798597_3705428866496

I'm envious. Really want a low, fast recumbent bike.

think the guy in orange and green throwing up disagrees

I saw a guy on a light blue Giant crossing the line and hurling his guts out all over his bike, legs, alles.  I said to him "at least you didn't leave anything out there" he looked at me and said "ya" followed immediately by more hurling while still rolling along.

I might have been called an idiot in the past. Sometimes, by people outside my family.

How was your ride and how did the wind affect you? Brave that disk at the back.

Ah wonderful...A thread that will bring all the moungatte to one place to regurgitate condescending drivel about any negativity they can find. Delightful...hopefully it will draw their keyboard diarrhea away from the useful and lekker discussions for just a moment.

diarrheoa - not an easy word to spell, unless you're American, then diarrhea - there's a bit of useful drivel to you 

Sadly it’s threads like this that makes it hard for me to defend against the argument that road cyclists are predisposed to being arrogant opinionated arses. It’s threads like this that suck the life and enjoyment out of anyone who love to do recreational rides just because they can and enjoy “fun” rides where they have exclusive use of roads.

Edited by Sbloomer

Sadly it’s threads like this that makes it hard for me to defend against the argument that road cyclists are predisposed to being arrogant opinionated arses. It’s threads like this that suck the life and enjoyment out of anyone who love to do recreational rides just because they can and enjoy “fun” rides where they have exclusive use of roads.

But you've got to admit - Argus threads would be pretty bland if road cyclists were all humble unopinionated nice guys..

Is not call the biggest FUN ride for nothing......

you dont get that in the lower groups that much....not even from the 1A guys doing a second lap, they just go by their business quietly. in any form of racing it tends to be the mid level guys who have the worst attitudes towards their peers...like dogs fighting for scraps. They have achieved JUST enough to stroke their egos and a superiority complex 

The "truth" is somewhere between these two extremes ....

Way too many people enter a "fun ride", with the intent to "race" - which is not a bad thing, not in the first few groups.

Sadly the seeding system does NOT work.  "Fun riders" do NOT belong amongst the "racers" ... it is not safe for either.  It detracts from the "racers" day.   In much the same way, but way more difficult to police, there should not be racers amongst the fun riders .....

Surely in this day and age of electronics and telemetry it SHOULD be easy enough to gauge entry to the "racer groups" based on a given number of similar road races .... no entry here for the occational weekend rider.  You wanna mix it with the big boys on the Argus, get out more often and earn your seading.

I have a couple of friends that do thousands of kilometers each year, and yet they stay way clear from the Argus .... simply too many incidents ....

Ja, same here.

Feeling chuffed with myself I thought I could recover a bit, until I see no one other than our own FRAIL coming down the mountain like fu***ng freight train, dragging probably 30 people behind him. I just couldn't latch on, and had to get onto another smaller group and suffer in the wind. Argus dreams shattered.

Thank You for the Good Memories