Zwift - Tour of Watopia 2019

RocknRolla

Was nice seeing a bunch of SAFFAS and Nam guys on this morning's stage 5. Was too quick for me. I couldn't keep up with the lead group, left in no mans land, second group came by, held on until 2km before the end and was dropped again. Kept spinning out on these flat roads with my 1x MTB setup. Finished just over 30min, 115/260.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was nice seeing a bunch of SAFFAS and Nam guys on this morning's stage 5. Was too quick for me. I couldn't keep up with the lead group, left in no mans land, second group came by, held on until 2km before the end and was dropped again. Kept spinning out on these flat roads with my 1x MTB setup. Finished just over 30min, 115/260.

I don't understand how Zwift still hasn't sorted this issue out. To put an offset on the resistance algorithm in so that if you have small chainrings you can still put out decent watts can't be that hard can it???

Did this at 19:00 last night on my MTB - also ran out of gears on a 1 x 11.

If anyone knows how to fix this on Zwift / Kickr 3, please let me know. I've set my trainer difficulty to 70/75%. Beyond annoyed not being able to put the power down...

Did this at 19:00 last night on my MTB - also ran out of gears on a 1 x 11.

If anyone knows how to fix this on Zwift / Kickr 3, please let me know. I've set my trainer difficulty to 70/75%. Beyond annoyed not being able to put the power down...

I've logged another ticket with Zwift to see if they have something. I asked for this to be addressed during Beta but not sure they understood, and now I have a 50/34 on the trainer so it doesn't affect me any more. will report back.

I've logged another ticket with Zwift to see if they have something. I asked for this to be addressed during Beta but not sure they understood, and now I have a 50/34 on the trainer so it doesn't affect me any more. will report back.

Some Feedback:

Hey Brad!

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Thank you for the feedback; that's a great idea! While it's not something we currently offer, I've passed your feedback on to our dev team.

I would also encourage you to share your ideas on our feature request forum​​ or vote up other ideas that interest you. Our community forums​​ are a great place to share your thoughts, as this will have the greatest impact, and is the best way to get more community support for an idea and attention from the dev team.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

So lets see what comes of it.

Some Feedback:

Hey Brad!

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Thank you for the feedback; that's a great idea! While it's not something we currently offer, I've passed your feedback on to our dev team.

I would also encourage you to share your ideas on our feature request forum​​ or vote up other ideas that interest you. Our community forums​​ are a great place to share your thoughts, as this will have the greatest impact, and is the best way to get more community support for an idea and attention from the dev team.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

So lets see what comes of it.

Ok, found a feature request for this. Apparently we need to upvote it, and spread the word so it get more requests.

https://forums.zwift.com/t/increase-baseline-resistance/19109

Yesterday was stage 5, using Tempus Fugit. 17km with 16m elevation and a 2,5km lead in. Thought I could do that no issues. Pushing 500w at the start and instantly down to 150th or thereabouts. by the time lead in was done I was around the 350th position. at the 10km point I gave up when I was in the 600th odd position. The tour is for people who ride in VA/VB batches only I think. 

I am on day 6 of my free trial today and have racked up 180km so far that was my first stage of the tour and it will be my last. just didnt enjoy it.

Yesterday was stage 5, using Tempus Fugit. 17km with 16m elevation and a 2,5km lead in. Thought I could do that no issues. Pushing 500w at the start and instantly down to 150th or thereabouts. by the time lead in was done I was around the 350th position. at the 10km point I gave up when I was in the 600th odd position. The tour is for people who ride in VA/VB batches only I think. 

I am on day 6 of my free trial today and have racked up 180km so far that was my first stage of the tour and it will be my last. just didnt enjoy it.

Its about learning how to suffer. The races are not easy, no doubt. But as you get stronger they become more enjoyable.

Its a good way to get intensity into your legs, something you wont do if you just riding along.

people cheat.

I don't believe the live "results" used in game.

if you want to see how you are really doing, sign up for zwift power

https://www.zwiftpower.com

#Zwiftdoping :thumbdown:

they are only cheating themselves, what happens when they out on the road and cant hit 5w/kg for 20mins ...

Sounds like EVERY Zwift race - crazy fast start and lots of people putting out massive numbers (and yes, some will be weight/height "doping").

Just do your own thing, and ignore the positions. I know by now I can't maintain a start like that, so I don't even try.

I also did Stage 5 yesterday, and averaged a smidge over my FTP, HR of 175bpm - around half-way a certain Chris Pritchard came cruising past me at 60W more, while chatting away to his youtube live stream :blink:

Looks like i will be doing stage six on Monday. Leaving for Sani on Tuesday. Should be a nice leg loosener lol

I know it will not be a taper ride...

#Zwiftdoping :thumbdown:

they are only cheating themselves, what happens when they out on the road and cant hit 5w/kg for 20mins ...

Its super easy for people to cheat in zwift. It annoyed me so much when I was using it.

Problem is you will never see any of those people on the road!

• 2 weeks later...

Last stage this week, Alpe du Zwift sufferfest!

If I didn't catch flu/bronchitis from my wife, that is... I'll wait until Wednesday, should know by then.

Last stage this week, Alpe du Zwift sufferfest!

If I didn't catch flu/bronchitis from my wife, that is... I'll wait until Wednesday, should know by then.

I'm saving it for the weekend