Zwift - Tour of Watopia 2019

RocknRolla

I'm saving it for the weekend

Same.. Then I'll catch up the 4 other stages I missed next week when it hopefully falls in the morning time slots. I usually can't make the evening slots

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also having some throat snot issues, will see how it pans out, but prolly do the climb on the week-end.

I'm unfortunately one of these cheaters on Zwift.

Its set up for my wife (60kg, 1.65m) while I'm 95kg. So it does suck a bit but hey, I'm notpaying another R150/m for something I use for maybe 90mins a month.

Would be great if they just changed the subscription options such that another user can log in from the same device or something along those lines.

I'm unfortunately one of these cheaters on Zwift.

Its set up for my wife (60kg, 1.65m) while I'm 95kg. So it does suck a bit but hey, I'm notpaying another R150/m for something I use for maybe 90mins a month.

Would be great if they just changed the subscription options such that another user can log in from the same device or something along those lines.

I don't mind the cheaters on Zwift, they will always be there. Fact is you are only cheating yourself if you are trying to use Zwift to improve your cycling fitness. It takes 10 seconds to change the height and weight settings in game..

I don't mind the cheaters on Zwift, they will always be there. Fact is you are only cheating yourself if you are trying to use Zwift to improve your cycling fitness. It takes 10 seconds to change the height and weight settings in game..

I've only ridden a handful of times, can you change it many times each day though?

If so I won't mind doing it, otherwise I'm the girl going at 4w/kg.

I've only ridden a handful of times, can you change it many times each day though?

If so I won't mind doing it, otherwise I'm the girl going at 4w/kg.

Haha. No, I'm not sure, but I think you can change it all the time, even mid ride. I'm also quite new to Zwift, will have to experiment a bit.

Did the final stage this evening...

It was revolting ????

Was my first time up the Alpe- it’s relentless with hardly any recovery points.

Good luck to those of you doing it

Did the final stage this evening...

It was revolting

Was my first time up the Alpe- it’s relentless with hardly any recovery points.

Good luck to those of you doing it

I change my Trainer Difficulty setting for the Alpe :blush: I tried my first attempt with 100%, and had to call it quits between hairpin 7 and 6.

I change my Trainer Difficulty setting for the Alpe :blush: I tried my first attempt with 100%, and had to call it quits between hairpin 7 and 6.

what kind of gearing are you running?

One of those situations where a mtb with 32/50 would be of great assistance  :eek: 

Or just crank the grade simulation down to 75%....

what kind of gearing are you running?

One of those situations where a mtb with 32/50 would be of great assistance  :eek: 

Or just crank the grade simulation down to 75%....

53/39 and 12-25, 10speed. Fine for Bloem, not so great for climbing 10km climbs... so I turn down the grade simulation when heading to the alpe (or the Epic KOM radio tower, and last week's Giro TT).

But I should test, my mtb should work just fine on the trainer.

53/39 and 12-25, 10speed. Fine for Bloem, not so great for climbing 10km climbs... so I turn down the grade simulation when heading to the alpe (or the Epic KOM radio tower, and last week's Giro TT).

Hi I am using my 3x10 Mtb on the trainer. Can spin  at 100 rpm in granny gear up Alpe (cant necessarily maintain it). I am running on 75% difficulty for higher pedaling speed on descents and to not constantly generate too much torque in my trainer.

Hmmm I find this interesting.. So on my 1x11 MTB with a 34T chainring and the Kickr cassette with 11-28 ratio I should climb the alpe in 34-28 on say 50% trainer difficulty and descent in 34-11 on 100% difficulty, otherwise I'll just spin-out on the way down? 

Edit: And will I make it to the top with those gears? I haven't done any of the big climbs yet on Zwift, still new here.. 

I have done quite a few Zwift races and have myself been accused of cheating.

1: Yes your get cheaters and out of my +-50 races done I have encountered +-5 cheaters if even.

2: Very few actually achieve 5wpkg for 20min, 90% of the guys bounce around the mid to low 4wpkg range. 

3: Zwift racing is very unique, similar to a Crit / TT/ Mountain in real life. So when comparing zwift racing to IRL racing you must always bear that in mind the following :

- Riding Out of Saddle , in zwift this is a huge benefit over IRL as you have the power advantage without paying aero disadvantage

- Type of trainer( Some trainers have a +-15% Accuracy ) 

- Some ppl have a better pain cave ( So perfect environment )

-Some ppl are just way better at riding on a stationary bike

- Bunch skills are irrelevant, Power is King , where bunch skills play a much bigger role IRL

-Aero IRL vs Zwift ,

4:As far as race starts are concerned... its all about knowing what's coming and preparing for it.

-The huge power you see at the start isn't really that crazy, you looking at between 5-7 wpkg for 20-40 sec (+-450watts for a 70kg rider) pretty sure most ppl that invested in Smart trainer/Zwift.... can achieve this

- Very important trick is to actually kick to a mini sprint as countdown hits 0, so small build up from 5 sec to go and then 5 sec kick as clock hits1sec before race actually start, this will allow you to be slightly ahead and draft will become your best friend during that first hard +-30 sec

5: In game there is a very fine line between drafting and not, so riding behind another rider doesn't necessarily mean you drafting, you can ride behind another rider and actually push out more power, so always look at the wpkg and use that as a guide.

6: As far as hard core racing is concerned, I always watch the wpkg more then the guys on bike, as there is a delay between the two, so if you only watching the guys on the bike, chances are you will be gapped easily and would require you to push power for longer.

End of the day as with everything in life, the more you do it ..the better/faster you get at it.

Hmmm I find this interesting.. So on my 1x11 MTB with a 34T chainring and the Kickr cassette with 11-28 ratio I should climb the alpe in 34-28 on say 50% trainer difficulty and descent in 34-11 on 100% difficulty, otherwise I'll just spin-out on the way down? 

Edit: And will I make it to the top with those gears? I haven't done any of the big climbs yet on Zwift, still new here.. 

I think people actually change the difficulty down on the descents so that they don't spin out.

So, for me putting it on 50% would make the climb easier as I won't run out of gears (but potentially slower if I can't generate the same power in the lighter gear), but on the downhill I'd be less likely to spin out than at 100%. That is, if I understand the trainer difficulty correctly.

And, depending on your watts of course, you should definitely make it using the 34-28. Shouldn't be too heavy a gear, at least, just remember that it will take an hour at least.

5: In game there is a very fine line between drafting and not, so riding behind another rider doesn't necessarily mean you drafting, you can ride behind another rider and actually push out more power, so always look at the wpkg and use that as a guide.

Thanks for the tips.

I struggle with the drafting, always seem to have to work a bit harder than the other riders to stay in the group.

Archived