Post Ride Coffee

madbradd

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never mind post ride coffee, I'm going pre ride coffee. 

ATHENS - Taking caffeine before exercise could improve performance during a broad range of exercise tasks, according to a new review of past research.

In particular, caffeine could help speed, power, strength and endurance, researchers wrote in the British Journal of Sports Medicine

https://ewn.co.za/2019/04/10/have-another-caffeine-could-boost-exercise-performance

hey, somebody has to sacrifice and live it so that the rest of you do not have to suffer :P

k@k life hey

Nope, all from our regular group of riders (Currently the WA group is at 65 users) ... our basic rule is that any bike is welcome as long as we don't have to fix it along the way.....and there were a good couple of interesting bikes that did not come along for coffee this morning.

Some of the bikes in that pic have done some serious commuter miles!

Interesting combo of bikes; hardcore singlespeed street cred commuter and couple of entry level hardtails.

Let me guess: Local showing overseas guests around?

Excellent ... my wife makes a decent flat white for me in the mornings before I leave on my commute :P

Never mind post ride coffee, I'm going pre ride coffee. 

ATHENS - Taking caffeine before exercise could improve performance during a broad range of exercise tasks, according to a new review of past research.

In particular, caffeine could help speed, power, strength and endurance, researchers wrote in the British Journal of Sports Medicine

https://ewn.co.za/2019/04/10/have-another-caffeine-could-boost-exercise-performance

Excellent ... my wife makes a decent flat white for me in the mornings before I leave on my commute :P

32Gi make an espresso shot in gel form. Think they call it a G Shot. Works wonders

that is cheating ..... almost as bad as instant coffee :P

32Gi make an espresso shot in gel form. Think they call it a G Shot. Works wonders

Funny that the Specialty Cafe of the year went to a shop in Bedfordview with one machine and 3 staff... but hey, Cape Town has everything...  :ph34r:

Which shop is this? I would love to try them out next time I'm in the area. (which is Friday) :thumbup:

never knew you guys had coffee shops up country, thought you only had koffie shops!

Funny that the Specialty Cafe of the year went to a shop in Bedfordview with one machine and 3 staff... but hey, Cape Town has everything...  :ph34r:

Which shop is this? I would love to try them out next time I'm in the area. (which is Friday) :thumbup:

I imagine it's Dear Maria

So some of us stopped here this morning for our coffee.

Good friendly staff, decent coffee and considering the R15 price tag it is really good.......and the worlds best croissants!

Did someone say ‘croissants’?!????????‍????

????????

That place looks cool @Hairy ????????

Then I must give this place a go...

I tried Big Dog Café and rated their croissant the best I tasted so far.

So some of us stopped here this morning for our coffee.

Good friendly staff, decent coffee and considering the R15 price tag it is really good.......and the worlds best croissants!

should link this thread to them and negotiate a couple of free pastries for the marketing mileage :P

I had a good laugh now for all you sweating , stinking cyclist trying to have a cuppa and get frowned on by other customers in the shop...(comic sans)( this is where me and my 5 friends with our top dollar e-bikes get priority service, we dont stink and are not sweaty and looks as fresh as daissies when ever we enter a coffee shop, so e-bikes don't just belong in the mountains!!!

I had a good laugh now for all you sweating , stinking cyclist trying to have a cuppa and get frowned on by other customers in the shop...(comic sans)( this is where me and my 5 friends with our top dollar e-bikes get priority service, we dont stink and are not sweaty and looks as fresh as daissies when ever we enter a coffee shop, so e-bikes don't just belong in the mountains!!!

BUT, did you notice the looks you got from the other (motor)bikers on their breakfast run ....  :whistling: 

NOTE - I have spoken to enough e-bikers to KNOW they work up a decent sweat.  Most only use the ebike to cover longer distances, and more hill repeats ....

Archived